boat trip

Raskin

guess it's a hobby..I restored last year,it's her 46th birthday : ) got up in the 80s here yesterday in Florida..brought my one hitter along ;) took a nap in the sun..wonderful day..wifey stayed home,she got a girlfriend visiting

zboat6

• Like 3

: D yeah..it's a fairly large lake near my home.when I go out I cruise around..come back in chat with others or watch other boats launch,have lunch,read the newspaper or nap in this case XD then go back out and buzz around...I just like being on the water.the birds,the color and sparkle of the water the fresh air.. I use to fish..now just like to hang out and cruise or go fast..you can go any direction you want..there are also a couple of restaurants I can pull up to if I want to eat or ..ehh have a beer

a27lake2

Edited by Raskin
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

tips if you want to buy an old boat to restore...visual check the bottom of hull for blistering and damage.tap with a hammer around these spots on transom.it should make a sharp rap sound.if sounds dull thud,the transom is water logged.pull on bottom of motor to check transom for flex.check pic of failed transom 0.0 if fails tests i would look for another boat unless you own it already.it can be extensive job.check bolts on inside holding motor for rust.floors are easy repair.in my case cut out floor starting at walk thru,the front is fiberglass,replace wood stringers(the supports),cover with resin and fiberglass cloth.i used pressure treated boards and plywood.they do sell marine grade wood if you want at a higher cost.i painted floor with house roof shingle paint.it is durable and waterproof,auto body filler to repair rub rail.. my budget resto cost about $600 dollars including paint and motor parts..fuel lines,rebuilt carb and fuel pump and new gas tank..it can be fun and rewarding

12.failed transom

• Like 2

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished putting a new transom in a 1968 thunderbird boat that looks real similar to your yellow boat

Also installed a half swim platform  I salvaged from a newer 19 ft sea ray in the bone yard and put it  on the 68 It almost looks factory

Good luck !      keep em floatin!

• Like 1

Yeah.Thunderbirds are cool.mine is a wellcraft..I haven't seen any small 16 ft wellcraft boats like mine..my transom is good...I commend you on taking on the task of fixing yours..I wish I had another boat to work on :-) I miss it. if I had a shop I would hunt down another.maybe a v-hull with a full windshield.lt's a lot of fun

I got this 69 Glastron from a buddies uncle for $1500 just last summer and when I took it to a lake last august I got rear ended by this girl. She didn't do any damage to the transom or the leg of the 67 Merc. I already got it ready for this year. The picture of the launch was the maiden voyage last year. Looking forward to this year, fishing and tubing are going to be the weekend activities.

post-10446-0-18978600-1427587047_thumb.jpg

post-10446-0-45573000-1427587169_thumb.jpg

post-10446-0-96383700-1427587191_thumb.jpgpost-10446-0-54168200-1427587428_thumb.jpg

Edited: It is a glastron :)

Edited by Sl@yer
  • Like 2

Awsum...cool merc outboard. I paid $1600 for mine in 1995.it had a 850 merc thunderbolt on it then. Cool nostalgic looking chrome badge: ) .it blew 4 years later and I replaced it w a 50 horse..it's so light it runs 30 mph only 4 mph less than the heavy ass merc..hole shots little slower with this 50 HP.fast enough for me.those old outboards weighed a ton..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got an 76 princecraft with an 84 honda engin lol! It run like it was brand new hehe!! Fishing start this saturday for me

• Like 1

I googled your boat to see...you no pics dood : D ...nice .. looking like modified v hulls that you can go up front.some walkthru designed some have platform chair..... I got to many memories in my boat to part with it..: }

• 3 weeks later...