Butters needs help with buying a new PC!!!!!

EVIL BUTTERS

Hi girls and guys.  I want to buy a new puter.  I been looking at custom bulit to order.....pick the parts they put it together.  I mainly ONLY play ET and surf the web really fast, so I need something fast and faster for my old brain lol.  Kids play all the sick gorey slow new games.  So I need some advice on a new system.  Processor, ram ETC.  I can spend around 1500USD.  Right now I have a Dell 8700xps with dual intel I7 2.6 g with 16 megs and a Rad 5700hd 2meg card shit HD.  Its about 3 years old. I been looking and so many different choices and combinations.   Please Help me and I will send yah some bread made by butters own slimy wet hands!!!!!!! Peace and thanks to all.. :(

• Like 1

First....why do you want new one? To be better at ET :D..3 years not that old... i7 really pretty fast..you could get say 3.2 to almost 4 ghz processor I suppose if you really want..what fps you get with this system on ET? What size monitor and at what response time you have now? I'm not much of a PC expert but just fishing for more info for others to start in if they want to offer more advice....

• Like 1

lol, i play with a 6 years (with upgrade) old PC and kick you every time in the nuts :P

i7 and 16 gb ram is very good, kick the GPU and the HDD out and upgrade a new GPU and a new SDD

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
  • Like 3

I7 is top of the line CPU so I really don't know why would you change that and to get bit more performance out if it you can always overclock it and 16gb RAM is completely fine for games unless you use some professional editing softwares like Adobe After Effects etc. witch uses a lot of memory you don't need to go above that all. For GPU I would go with GTX970 but be carefull witch one you buy because some people are complaining about them. Add some SSD at least like 250GB and perhaps a Corsair AX1200 PSU and you are good. Also if you are considering overclocking CPU or GPU I would suggest you to buy water cooling preferably for both but I am not really informed much so I don't have any to suggest.

• Like 1

Kewl I just want a new puter because the new X is going to take everything LOL  SO I want my own new puter.  These look good.  WHy Intel so much better than amd?  Amd cheaper and same rates?  Sorry noobie question.

• Like 1

AMD is quite a lot cheaper considering there is 90$ quad core CPU but that doesn't mean is really good. AMD fanboys are all crazy about their FX-8320 and 8350 etc. octa-core CPU's, just because it has 8 cores and you get more performance for your money but they don't get any noticeable difference from Intel's i7 quad core one which has higher per-core performance and they are around the same price if I'm correct, but it's not only about that.

Talking about power consumption Intel definitely wins especially if you have Haswell socket but than again you won't save some huge amount of money with it. They also tend to withstand more heat which is good for overclocking but you get better OC on AMD and it's easier to do it. Also some softwares prefers Intel CPU's. 

You will find cheaper high end motherboards for AMD and higher performance integrated graphics :huh:. But pretty much the biggest difference is just expense, but I think most people would still go with i7 in top gaming PC'S and in the end it's all about your preference.

• Like 1

Ok it's ordered..i7 -4790K haswell 4.0Ghz

32 megs ddr3 1600 sdram....Paid 250 extra for 32 megs Total.

z97 chipset

128 ssd + 1Tig 7500 hhd

Geforce gtx 750 Ti 2 gb.................Better what I have now lol

all for 1288.00 tax and shipped.   Think I did good?

Windows 8....Crap only came with it.

Now I will need help from you guys to transfer shit to it from the other puter..a couple games and of Couse ET and Key and folder..........Never done it before  Flash card tranfer?  Help you got 5 days lol Peace

• Like 3

For ET just find your ETkey folder and save wherever you want, easiest way would be cloud storage I guess or just sending it to another email. I really can't say if you did good for money because all of this would cost few hundred dolars more where I live but it's awesome built in general, I guess you could go with gtx660 for bit more money but there wouldn't be too much of a difference just depends on the game. 32gb 1600Mhz RAM is perfect for everything so you don't have to worry about it for a looong time. Have fun with the new PC :D 

• Like 1

I just save my et key to thumb drive or email to yourself,download new ET game on new pc go to ET main folder and drag that key off and delete,drag your old et key to ET main folder of course keep another copy of it.. is how I do it.other stuff I save on other thumb drives...anyway good luck and enjoy your new PC ...you should be bad ass on ET...OK I'm go look for new PC now :D XD

• Like 1