nvidia gtx 970 issues

=Plat00n=

I hear a lot of people are unhappy with the nvidia 970 4gb and its only showing  up 3.5gb and 0.5gb is being throttled  are they being mis-sold this item yes or no ???????

I would have to say yes what you guys think 

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/return-rate-of-geforce-gtx-970-after-memory-allocation-scandal-is-below-5/

Its a big miss on marketing side. On the local technics forum the debate has gone a round for some time after the news emerged. And nobody has been able to replicate the throttling conditions within range of playable framerates. Only way GTX 970 starts using more than 3.5GB VRAM is pushing it to 4k settings, but lets be honest, games would be unplayable in 20-40FPS range anyways with UHD.

So I´d say its a big fuzz around a marketing mess...

I think they should start refunding people and nvidia just have to own up they made a massive mistake on there PR/Marketing side :unsure:

Also that cards been out for 4 months anyone have this GPU ???????

Edited by =Plat00n=

I have a geforce gtx 970 superclocked.

I dont have any performance issue. Though I dont know about this 3.5gb or 4gb being used.

But I'm already near bottleneck with my i5 2500k. But hey....I can play Battlefield4 with GeForce experience recommended settings (almost everything at Ultra) and im running ~110fps (havent played in a while so I cant remember exactly).

I love it.

Even the now ancient gtx 680 with a mere 2gb of vram can run 4k resolutions at highest settings in anything I've been able to throw at it, so it really shouldn't be an issue.