Quick and easy enchiladas

Ol Smoke

You can use pork, chicken or beef for this.

Put the meat and two cans of enchilada sauce in a small crockpot and let it cook slowly all day.

Shred up Cheddar Cheese and the white Mexican cheese.  Cut up your onions and stuff you like,

and put it on the table.  You will need Burrito sized  flour tortillas.

Then take a large 12" fry pan and put in about 1/4" of water and bring it to a good steam.

Put a screen over the pan and let your flour tortillas soften for about 15 seconds a side.

Then put in your meat and other fillings and top with the sauce and some cheese.

You can eat them right like that or put several of them into a baking pan at 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

This will bring all the flavors together. Then serve them up.

I have a local Mexican restaurant that makes the best Pico de Gallo ever, so I buy a pint of the stuff before I make these.

Add the Dos Equix dark label and you got some real eating right there. 

Oh boy howdy!

295ygwl.jpg

• Like 6

[vegetarian laughter]

There is a friend of mine who is vegetarian and she makes these with a stuffing of minced carrots, cauliflower, rice and black beans. 

I have tried it and it is not bad at all.  I don't know if a Tofu would work or not.  But you let us know.

• Like 2

You can use pork, chicken or beef for this.

Put the meat and two cans of enchilada sauce in a small crockpot and let it cook slowly all day.

Shred up Cheddar Cheese and the white Mexican cheese.  Cut up your onions and stuff you like,

and put it on the table.  You will need Burrito sized  flour tortillas.

Then take a large 12" fry pan and put in about 1/4" of water and bring it to a good steam.

Put a screen over the pan and let your flour tortillas soften for about 15 seconds a side.

Then put in your meat and other fillings and top with the sauce and some cheese.

You can eat them right like that or put several of them into a baking pan at 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

This will bring all the flavors together. Then serve them up.

I have a local Mexican restaurant that makes the best Pico de Gallo ever, so I buy a pint of the stuff before I make these.

Add the Dos Equix dark label and you got some real eating right there. 

Oh boy howdy!

295ygwl.jpg

omg! sounds and looks so yummy! :wub:

i will have to make this sometime!

vegies and soy mince instead of meat :thumbsup:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...