Streaming Services - Which do you use?

Mortemex

Streaming Surfaces  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Streaming Service do you use?

• Netflix
    • Amazon Prime
    • Hulu Plus
    • iTunes (Paid)
    • M-Go
    • Blip
    • Vevo
    • Crackle
    • Twitch
    • Youtube
    • Other

Hey Guys

I'm interested in which streaming services you use and why?  Explain! and lemme know!

I use Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu Plus

I have all three cause of where I work, People generally use my accounts so sometimes I gotta use multiple things at times

Edited by Mortemex

I use Youtube , sometimes twitch and a few things not listed.

Netflix Canada f***ing blows. We get 1/3 of the good shit. And honestly with so many free alternatives I can't justify paying for that crap.

I don't support Apple in any sense.

Hulu can suck my ass barf (for you south park junkies). I have to use pirate sites or unconventional methods to watch (mostly south park) shit on Hulu. Dem 'murican blocks and all.

Amazon Prime just ain't worth it to me.

Vevo can be okay from time to time.

Crackle is decent. If you don't use adblock plus it's annoying as balls with ads cutting up a movie every 15-20 minutes.

Hulu can suck my ass barf (for you south park junkies). I have to use pirate sites or unconventional methods to watch (mostly south park) shit on Hulu. Dem 'murican blocks and all.

Have you tried South Park website?http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e08-cock-magic#source=fba639b0-ae4d-49b0-9d5d-addb27823f4b:c6cbd5e3-7eae-4cc3-94b7-119c8d412f99&position=8&sort=!airdateI always watch new episodes there. You can watch them on smartphone too.

I use a private VPN for my streaming needs :) Never had a problem with it, content is always of a high standard, issues are always fixed pretty much the same day, costs me absolutely nothing, traffic is encrypted and no logging... I could probably add more to this but I'll just leave it at that :)

They use Hulu players. I get the 'This video is not available in your country' crap. Hah.

I have nearly every episode now, so I don't worry too much, unless I miss a new episode.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They use Hulu players. I get the 'This video is not available in your country' crap. Hah.

I have nearly every episode now, so I don't worry too much, unless I miss a new episode.

Oh yeah I just got that too even tho before I could watch every single episode now but only on older seasons. I can watch all the new ones so im fine too  :lol:

you peaked my interest heretic lol

Haha, no doubt but I guess you could call it an exclusive club.

Close friends, and those with aforementioned close friends vouching for them, only :P

i just broke free of the monthly cable/F-Uverse addiction....and when i say addiction, i mean the monthly bill.  Where i live, you have choices:

free digital signal: you get two of each major network (cbs, fox, nbc, abc wb) and a couple of xtra's depending on where you live.  i have 24 free channels in the Saint Louis Mo Area.

then i went out and upgraded all my tv's in the house...yup, took a financial hit and purchased three new smart tv's (all sammy..oops.....make that four..have a panasonic plasma too i use chrome tv with)

so i now have/pay/watch:

Netflix:  this is okay, and imho the best monthly pay streaming app out there.  netflix is smart in their business plan because as someone stated, you get about 1/6th of the available netflix library available for download BUT its still a great selection of movies, current tv shows, old tv shows, great documentaries, "foreign" films (depending on where you live, they are all foreign).  the wife and i use this one the most and it is an 8 dollar a month fee. (and Netflix is also making their own shows, movies, cartoons....)

Hulu+:  plain and simple..the only reason i have this is in case i miss an episode of Family Guy or Justified.  But they do have a really really diverse selection of older movies and tv shows to view.  this is also an 8 dollar a month fee.

Amazon Prime:  they have a very limited selection of "FREE" movies and shows to watch. My wife signed up for PRIME to save on shipping and lo-and-behold, there is some benifits to my wife spending my money :P.....not sure but i think this is also an 8 dollar a month fee for Prime.

MLB.com - you can download this for a monthly or seasonal fee but black out dates are kinda wanky.....

NFL.com - same deal

all smart tv.s have a web browser that you can go to any web site with....NOTE: not all tv browsers are equal....some are just shite and dont have a good streaming codex, but some do this well.....all smart TV's also have the ability to connect a wireless or wired keyboard...i recommend this because using your remote to navigate a keyboard/letters in our alphabet is just effin painful!!!!!

then you could do things like download the YOUTUBE app to you tv, or Pandora....and most smart tv's have their own type of movie watching services you could install to your tv.  

all in all, i really dont miss cable. i was paying over 80 dollars a month for the same shite over, and over and i found i was watching more of the "Free" channels than i was watching any pay-for channels.

(but then there is this thing i mentioned called chrome cast, apple tv and im sure there are others...this is a wireless usb device you put into an empty usb port of your tv and stream your computer to your tv.  also very cool technology)

Options...there are tons of Options!!

We use Netflix mostly, but have had Hulu in the past. We have cable because its cheaper to have it combined with the internet.