lost all my xp :(

Diablo

hi boys and girls

my pc crashed today to the point that i had to buy a new Hard drive :mad

after reinstalling ET i realized that i lost all my XP

i play mostly on Et recruit server under the name Diablo

could someone help me plz

thnx

That's pretty bad if you didn't save a copy of your etkey somewhere safe, cause there's no way to regain your XP without it. If you did save a copy of it just put it into etmain folder (thus replacing your new etkey) and you'll have your XP and admin level (if you had it) back.

That's pretty bad if you didn't save a copy of your etkey somewhere safe, cause there's no way to regain your XP without it. If you did save a copy of it just put it into etmain folder (thus replacing your new etkey) and you'll have your XP and admin level (if you had it) back.

oh my god,

i didn't even know anything about the key thing

i had over 81k XP :angry:

thanks for fast respond, but would you please tell me how to get the key?

thank you

oh my god,

i didn't even know anything about the key thing

i had over 81k XP :angry:

thanks for fast respond, but would you please tell me how to get the key?

thank you

Get it off your old hard drive. Not sure if that would be possible though.

If so, then find your Wolftenstein Enemy Territory folder, go into etmain, and copy the etkey onto a flash drive or something and move it to current hard drive.

Well when you connect to a server (any server) for a first time after installing the game you are assigned a GUID which is stored in that etkey file, which means there aren't two same etkey files, so if you didn't save a copy of your etkey with which you played before computer crashed there is no way of getting it back (or getting XP back). If you lost it you should post your new GUID in forums profile. And always have a backup of etkey you are using, cause you'll have to copy it into every new installation or another computer you are using (so people will know it is you playing and not someone else).

EDIT: All this above is presumed that you can't get it off your old hard drive. If you can, just do as Kronos said.

Get it off your old hard drive. Not sure if that would be possible though.

If so, then find your Wolftenstein Enemy Territory folder, go into etmain, and copy the etkey onto a flash drive or something and move it to current hard drive.

well my boyfriend took out the old hard drive and banged to the wall

Well when you connect to a server (any server) for a first time after installing the game you are assigned a GUID which is stored in that etkey file, which means there aren't two same etkey files, so if you didn't save a copy of your etkey with which you played before computer crashed there is no way of getting it back (or getting XP back). If you lost it you should post your new GUID in forums profile. And always have a backup of etkey you are using, cause you'll have to copy it into every new installation or another computer you are using (so people will know it is you playing and not someone else).

EDIT: All this above is presumed that you can't get it off your old hard drive. If you can, just do as Kronos said.

oh thanks , but how do i get that key?

i went to the folder but i cant open the ETkey, its unknown format

and one more thing, should i keep the key as secret or post it on my profile?

well my boyfriend took out the old hard drive and banged to the wall

oh thanks , but how do i get that key?

i went to the folder but i cant open the ETkey, its unknown format

and one more thing, should i keep the key as secret or post it on my profile?

You should copy the whole file. It's a binary file which means you can't read it with your Notepad, but ET could. I would suggest keeping it private since anyone using that etkey would have your admin levels.

• Administrators

oh thanks guys, i am so noob

:confused

I don't want to be harsh or bad, but I agree with what you said. :) Their is no confusion in it. But oh well we all learn at some point. :)

oh thanks guys, i am so noob

:confused

i should save the file on my email for future crashes

all my xps oh god damn :angry:

Mate, eventually you will realise that xp means absolutely nothing, and you will concentrate on playing the game, not holding tab down to check how much xp you have that day.

Mate, eventually you will realise that xp means absolutely nothing, and you will concentrate on playing the game, not holding tab down to check how much xp you have that day.

i know, but i fill up an application, and i am not the ET member even though i applied :embrass

• Administrators

i know, but i fill up an application, and i am not the ET member even though i applied :embrass

Because everyone is waiting for 21st century advanced tech webcam thing! :) hehe j/k