Minecraft Newbie questions

Dhmo

Hi, I start Minecraft since 2 months in solo. And today I try for the first time multiplayer, on your server and I have some questions...

First, when I use portal (like biome) there is method for come back to this portal, without walking (I do today, like 1h30 run or drive a boat) lol .

Second, I make a mine somewhere, and after when i go out, there are some gold cube appear outside with light cube :S . It's an update for say this mine is for me? Or for help me to find this mine? Or say to me i'm not suppose to be there?

Third, can I make a chest locked, I want to say, a chest who i'm the only player i can open?

Sorry for my english and thx.

To get back to the portal just type /spawn. :)

As for the glowstone and gold block, that is when you make a claim, using a golden shovel. This makes it so that nobody can break or place any blocks inside that area, and they can't see what's in your chests.

But although you *can* claim a mine as your own, it's really kind of an a$$hat move- really why not just set up a claimed house with chests near the mine, and just mine the blocks and go back and forth, that way others can get what's inside as well?

• Like 1

Xern answered most of your questions.

As for the first, I thought that when GuN and I built the portals we enabled the ability to use that portal to get back. Yes /spawn will work just as well. However if you cannot find the portal again I would highly suggest using /spawn.

The last question about locked chests, yes you can, but SoulJAHmon or GuN would have to tell you how. I think trapped chest is the same thing?

No, a trapped chest is different I believe, it has a redstone activation to trigger some kind of countermeasure, I could be wrong. But as long as your chests are in your claim, no-one else can open them without your permission via the /trust so-n-so command.

As for claiming a mine, I do it all the time, so apparently I'm an ass-hat. :D  Everybody has different mining styles, and may be after different materials so feel free to claim whatever you wish, as long as you have the claim blocks to do it.

Welcome to our server and feel free to ask any admin questions while in game as well, we'll be happy to help you.

Thx for all anwser! That help me!

I was surprise for the claim because i didn't remember i use the golden shovel, maybe a miss when i was doing my mine.

Other question, I look it's allow to place somes traps (make joke). Does this trap can kill? And can I kill other player (example with sword)? For the last I hope no :P

Traps are fine as long as you are not building them outside or someone else's claim, as in an effort to be rude or kill them. I would recommend that if you place traps you claim them, or the person who falls in can destroy and take materials for themselves. 

Also on that note, if another player does not have pvp on then your traps will not harm them, merely stall them and if claimed and deep keep them trapped. So to answer your question about killing other players, only if they have pvp on and consent to it. Don't be tramping around killing players. You will reap no rewards that way.