Watch Dogs

CruelKind

So i have the game, and about 5 to 8 hours into it i think.

My current experiences: the game itself is pretty fun, however the missions sometimes throw you into situations you'd rather not be in as a stealth person.

Regarding the 4GB ram thing i had, I highly reccomend you have 6GB ram in your pc.

What happens if you donot have 6GB is the following: you will lag on sequences with big fights, driving in cars (bikes have less lag i found) in the city part will also lag badly.

The game will be playable, but those kind of situations you'd want to avoid.

if you like stealth, then defeniltly go for it as it won't lag at all on foot for me, exept when in a big gunfight.

I was expecting it to look more like the E3 premier, so in terms of graphics I am very disappointed :( 

However, I don't judge games purely off of graphics. Since I recently bought a Nvidia card, this game came free with it. I'm on the fence on if I want to sell the key or actually use it, but if I keep the game, I'll give thoughts then. 

For those of you that have it, how is the driving gameplay? Open world games like this often sell me purely on the driving. 

when you first start driving it SUCKS and hard, but I got used to it very quickly and I now prefer the driving in this game compared to other games like GTA.

I love the game, already completed it once, and playing through it again, but this time more stealth and trying not to kill anyone.

I really was interested in the game until I saw the game play videos. I thought this was more a of an open world fps, but I don't care for the GTA theme or the objectives. Games that are solely dependent on a person playing objectives  are boring to me.

Bummer. :(

I was expecting it to look more like the E3 premier, so in terms of graphics I am very disappointed :( 

However, I don't judge games purely off of graphics. Since I recently bought a Nvidia card, this game came free with it. I'm on the fence on if I want to sell the key or actually use it, but if I keep the game, I'll give thoughts then. 

For those of you that have it, how is the driving gameplay? Open world games like this often sell me purely on the driving.

Never ever ever ever ever ever and did I mention EVER rely on E3. :/

E3 is always for show. I have yet to see a game look as good as the E3 trailers make them. This is because they flesh out custom trailers for backing purposes and hype. Even though it doesn't look as good as the original trailers, the game is still very pretty :)

I was watching gameplay of someone driving around the city in a storm and it was so realistic. Looking into the horizon of the city, watching the rain and the way tree tops and leaves were blowing with the wind was probably the most realistic thing I've seen in a game. trying to convince DP to let me buy it with his pile of steam wallet funds <.<

So far it's laggy for me and my mouse wont seem to move right, it's so damn slow I can't manipulate it. I'm pissed that as good as my machine is I have to play in low graphics so it doesn't lag, and so far the voices are becoming out of sync with the movement of the characters mouth, the sub-titles, and the cut scenes.

I'm going to have to upgrade my video card before I can seriously give this game another chance. Fortunately I was looking to do that anyway.

cruelkind, did you reboot your system after you installed it? it often fixes a lot of lag related issues.

cruelkind, did you reboot your system after you installed it? it often fixes a lot of lag related issues.

Hmmm, Perhaps I didn't... thanks for the suggestion, I will try again! :D

=F|A=CruelKind's Rig

Hardware

Manufacturer

Custom

Processor

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (1366 Socket) (8 Core)/Corsair Hydro Series H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

Memory

12288MB RAM

Hard Drive

12 TB Total Disk Space

Motherboard

ASUS Sabertooth X58

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)

Video

Video Card

AMD Radeon HD 6950

Physics Card

Yes

Monitor

Gateway FHD2400 (24") 1080 HDMI Display

Sound

Sound Card

AMD High Definition Audio

Speakers

Logitech Surround Sound/Tritton AX 180

Peripherals

Keyboard

Steelseries Merc Stealth

Mouse

Madcatz M.M.O. 7

Mouse Surface

Cyborg V.5 17" Gaming Surface Aluminum Mouse Pad

Computer Case

CoolerMaster 922 HAF

I tried this and still the same :(

I tried this and still the same :(

i have your same Video Card... Try the new drivers "AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta" and you'll be fine :3

i have your same Video Card... Try the new drivers "AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta" and you'll be fine :3

Always scary messing with the video drivers... but I am willing to try anything at this point. Thanks for the advise I'll give it a go.