New Civilization!

Pannic

They certainly stepped up the graphics from what I can tell, though will need to see actual game play to be sure how well. I plan on getting this one, been a big Sid Myers fan since the early 90's.

• Like 2

They certainly stepped up the graphics from what I can tell, though will need to see actual game play to be sure how well. I plan on getting this one, been a big Sid Myers fan since the early 90's.

I agree with you on all of these points. 

• Like 2

seems cool. This has always been one of my favorite games

Yea if a new Civ game comes out I'm buying it usually no matter what lol It's my favorite strategy game! haha

Totally it looks amazing! I'm just nervous on how they are going to do the world leader selection and how progression is going to work because it seems like you're already at the space age 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Totally it looks amazing! I'm just nervous on how they are going to do the world leader selection and how progression is going to work because it seems like you're already at the space age

Good point, I remember when getting to space was the winning move in Civilization: Call To Power. I imagine it may be traveling to other regions of space and/or involving some alien technology or contact for the victory. Of course they always make multiple victory criteria options, depending on what style you like to play. Some end in victory when you've bested all other civilizations, or when you kill every enemy unit, or when you have a certain number of goals environmentally or economically. But starting at the space age means no stone age, bronze age, industrial age, etc... and this will be extremely different from what Civ players are used to. I'll be real interested to learn how they handle it.

Then again, the trailer could be misleading... as you see in the intro we are fleeing the Earth. So, it may be that we have to get to that point before we venture into space, or it may be that we operate both in space and on earth at the same time.. lots of ideas on where this could go :)

Good point, I remember when getting to space was the winning move in Civilization: Call To Power. I imagine it may be traveling to other regions of space and/or involving some alien technology or contact for the victory. Of course they always make multiple victory criteria options, depending on what style you like to play. Some end in victory when you've bested all other civilizations, or when you kill every enemy unit, or when you have a certain number of goals environmentally or economically. But starting at the space age means no stone age, bronze age, industrial age, etc... and this will be extremely different from what Civ players are used to. I'll be real interested to learn how they handle it.

Then again, the trailer could be misleading... as you see in the intro we are fleeing the Earth. So, it may be that we have to get to that point before we venture into space, or it may be that we operate both in space and on earth at the same time.. lots of ideas on where this could go :)

This has so much info and got me super excited! :D

• Like 2

I'm guessing it's going to be very similar to civ 5, but with a few tweaks. Hopefully in the new game I can go more than 200 turns without getting my ass handed to me by genghis khan lol 

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's going to be very similar to civ 5, but with a few tweaks. Hopefully in the new game I can go more than 200 turns without getting my ass handed to me by genghis khan lol 

dude if ur playing on hard or above and Alexander the Great's involved, you might as well sign out of steam and go outside cuz ya ain't winnin lol

• Like 1