New Wolfenstein

wala

I believe it's going to feature single player only :/

"Similar to previous games in the series, Wolfenstein thrusts the player into the role of BJ Blazkowicz, a hardened OSA soldier sent to deal with the strange experiments that the Nazis have up their sleeves. This time around, the Nazis have discovered a strange power source near the fictional German city of Isenstadt. It's in and around the city that BJ battles the Nazis, working to stop them from realizing their terrible plans. The idea behind the expansive environment is that as BJ [progresses] through the game and the story, new areas and missions open up, offering him the choice of exploration and how he approaches obstacles and combat within the city. If BJ is under heavy fire from an emplaced gun, he may decide to rush the weapon in a straight assault. If he doesn't think that'll work, he could take to the rooftops and drop down behind the emplacement. Or, perhaps he wants to avoid the situation entirely, dropping through a nearby manhole to bypass the emplacement altogether. Really, the main goal of the game is to offer the player enough choice to suit his needs while still driving an immersive and exciting story and world."

-Planet Wolfenstein, http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's no way they could/would make this game without multiplayer. They just can't!

It may not say it on the site, but Gamestop has this in its description:

* Classic RTCW multiplayer with an occult twist. Revisit the heart-pounding and award winning class and objective based multiplayer of Return to Castle Wolfenstein; now with occult-enhanced firepower.

I'm looking forward to it just because it's another Wolfenstein game lol. Of course it's sci-fi-ish! Enemy Territory isn't, but the previous games had sci-fi based stuff n things. Not sure yet if I want to get it on the PC or 360 yet though.

• 5 weeks later...

There will be multiplayer, although we don't know much about it, except:

- There will be no co-op

- Veil (the "other dimension" power) will play a role

- it will be team based

- it will not use ranked servers

The game will use iron-sights similar to CoD, which is the major concern of RTCW and ET fans like myself. Iron sights slow down the game and make it campy. I enjoy the fast-paced action of RTCW/ET.

• Administrators

The game will use iron-sights similar to CoD, which is the major concern of RTCW and ET fans like myself. Iron sights slow down the game and make it campy. I enjoy the fast-paced action of RTCW/ET.

+1. But iron sights with some addons would be fun. I hope they make some kind of system by which XP carries over to all servers which i kinda like in COD 4.

we need more first person shooters released for the pc seriously

but then again they will all be hacked and then everyone will stop playing....

the only reason i play wolf is cause of the custom pb so i have a good chance of playing with others who dont cheat

no clue why people cheat but its not very fun either way