Teukka

I'm starting the thread for SW ETPro. Which is couple days old only. (If I didn't get false information xD)

If there are any suggestions for config or server itself we should post everything to same thread. To avoid the spam when people start to know server better.

Myself I'm giving idea about locked teams depending on which config is in use. In example, 3o3 teams are restricted to 3 players and 6o6 to 6 players. Fastest wins of course. Because there is still ETPro public which makes team available to all and swap teams to compete like SW.

-Teukka

• Like 3

• Clan Friend

So you say that extra players should stay in spec? e.g. if there is 3on3, prevent a fourth player from joining? or I misunderstood?

the configs are very similar to competition ones, so they could still lock the team if they really want...

but any player with some common sense will wait or ask 'can I join?' if they see a map has already started and joining would unbalance the teams, especially if it's stopwatch round #2

the real problem is when they leave, not when they join :P

So you say that extra players should stay in spec? e.g. if there is 3on3, prevent a fourth player from joining? or I misunderstood?

the configs are very similar to competition ones, so they could still lock the team if they really want...

but any player with some common sense will wait or ask 'can I join?' if they see a map has already started and joining would unbalance the teams, especially if it's stopwatch round #2

the real problem is when they leave, not when they join :P

That's very good point. I was aware of that and I'm not coder so I don't know how it works. Just giving an idea to think about. Maybe something that reacts to player amount of server and when it's enough players it automatically updates config from 3o3 to 4o4 etc. Like I said I don't know if that's possible.

• Clan Friend

That's very good point. I was aware of that and I'm not coder so I don't know how it works. Just giving an idea to think about. Maybe something that reacts to player amount of server and when it's enough players it automatically updates config from 3o3 to 4o4 etc. Like I said I don't know if that's possible.

what you say is possible with a lua mod. enabling/disabling some weapons based on player number (like etpro+kmod, etc.)

but those configs also change other things, like the time limit for some maps is different if it's 3on3 or 6on6 if I remember correctly.

Edited by SunLight
  • Like 1

what you say is possible with a lua mod. enabling/disabling some weapons based on player number (like etpro+kmod, etc.)

but those configs also change other things, like the time limit for some maps is different if it's 3on3 or 6on6 if I remember correctly.

Yes it changes time limit on configs. Maybe there are other solutions to this :). But good start for the thread:).

Some questions/issues have arisen and I'd like to address them here.

First, admin levels. Is it possible to have admins on the server, or do we just let people do/say what they want? So far I have seen a lot of ego attitudes, but nothing that violates rules so far..

Next is vote abuse. A few FairyArmy players.. Crazy, ridhi, Charizard, and Nub will often abuse the mute feature, and mute players for no reason. I received a report of this on XFire yesterday, but unfortunately could offer the player no help other than asking him to post here.

• Like 1

First, admin levels. Is it possible to have admins on the server

yes that would be good but i am not sure if it works maybe just one way to get referree or something a kind of this

yesterday talked with yoyo and stryder about it

First, admin levels. Is it possible to have admins on the server, or do we just let people do/say what they want? So far I have seen a lot of ego attitudes, but nothing that violates rules so far..

Next is vote abuse. A few FairyArmy players.. Crazy, ridhi, Charizard, and Nub will often abuse the mute feature, and mute players for no reason. I received a report of this on XFire yesterday, but unfortunately could offer the player no help other than asking him to post here.

Ya I experienced same , so I left stryder alone there to suffer lol.

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 1

Well not really a suggestion,but the server seems really unstable,my ping keeps going up to 360 from 198 all the time..Maybe theres bad routing from my side to the server,im not sure.

• Clan Friend

etpro has no builtin level system, since it's made for competitions where there is no need for shrubbot style commands and the like.

but it's moddable via lua

as regards voting abuse... good point. some votes can't be removed, or it would make no sense (changing map or config) some other votes if they get abused are another story.

Traditionally, etpro servers have always been more 'free' and player oriented rather than admin oriented (e.g. voting for mute or kick rather than having admins muting or kicking) that doesn't mean that abusing should be tolerated

I brought up the voting, specifically because I witnessed them mute and unmute ridhi several times with a vote, and later the same day, player named steez/steeze/steezy PMs me on XFire telling me they muted him with a vote, so although I didn't witness this, I am inclined to believe it.

• Like 2

what u really need to do is explain to ppl what etpro is and how does it work, so ppl like a guy named LaGGer dont come in the server thinking he's the best and voting a next map after the first round like its f***in jaymod. Then gets mad when we call a vote to mute him and keeps telling us that he has been playing et much longer than us and that he knows more about et than we do, but he doesnt even know etpro has a second round. ggwp

Everything else is fine, i love that FA has a etpro server, i enjoy playing on it, all the other players and admins that play on it are cool. Thanks for opening it!

Edited by DeathBringer*

• Clan Friend

yes I saw a couple of problems today, the first day there were only HC regulars and it went all nice and fine

today, players voting pub (non stopwatch) config after first round is over and vote passes... trolls bitching around and teambleeding then ragequitting, etc. etc.

the problem on etpro is that when ppl call a vote many players just autovote f1 :D

and ofc there are always players who don't play obj but that is normal...

imho:

- remove non stopwatch config for the time being (?)

- add some lua mod with admin commands and remove votes for mute (votekick is already disabled)

if you have other ideas about server config let's put them all here in this thread

• Like 2