Minecraft New player start-up

Wizbang

Is it possible to have a set of things for a new person joining the server? I've seen on another server a one time alotment of some items to start people off.

Currently players start off with ... stone equipment. The only thing you could really add to it is maybe the golden shovel (along with instructions to use it for claiming land).

Currently players start off with ... stone equipment. The only thing you could really add to it is maybe the golden shovel (along with instructions to use it for claiming land).

You know......I'm an idiot...must have forgotten about the tools started with. I guess I saw a lot of people dying when they first joined and figured some thing to fight off the hoards would be good.

the dying soon is probably becouse you have nowhere to go when you spawn, there isn't even anything like a spawn town :P

i did build a shack near spawn with some general farms that you can use if you replant :)

You know......I'm an idiot...must have forgotten about the tools started with. I guess I saw a lot of people dying when they first joined and figured some thing to fight off the hoards would be good.

Always a good idea to set yourself up with a shack as fast as possible. As for hoards; there's not that many mobs is there? :o

The only way to really help, without removing too much of the survival aspect, would be giving a golden spade on first connection to help with creeper griefing, and the like.

@Owned good idea dude :D

currently are planning on building a castle near spawn with all the farms that i can think of, except for hostile mob / golem farm :)