words of wisdom that may bring a smile

Phobia

This is not place but I be quick , coz I really wanted to share this:

When my grandmom died,after a day of her cremation we took her ashes to "haridwar" for rituals as per our customs. There is place "kankhal" where ashes are to be flown in river after priest  do his things like reading holy words or whatever he do.   

We were sitting around priest by river with pot of ashes , he told us all to close eyes and repeat holy words after him. While we follow his said and started re-iterating words , this guy took ashes out and were searching for gold . haaaaaaaaaaa! so pathetic.

• Like 3

This is not place but I be quick , coz I really wanted to share this:

When my grandmom died,after a day of her cremation we took her ashes to "haridwar" for rituals as per our customs. There is place "kankhal" where ashes are to be flown in river after priest  do his things like reading holy words or whatever he do.   

We were sitting around priest by river with pot of ashes , he told us all to close eyes and repeat holy words after him. While we follow his said and started re-iterating words , this guy took ashes out and were searching for gold . haaaaaaaaaaa! so pathetic.

took me a while to understand because of some words bad..so he tells you to close your eyes so he can search ashes for gold teeth left from burning...I'd thrown his ass in the river..lol
  • Like 2

took me a while to understand because of some words bad..so he tells you to close your eyes so he can search ashes for gold teeth left from burning...I'd thrown his ass in the river..lol

Priest had to perform rituals and do prayers. He told us to pray , and in prayer we have to repeat words said by him .. you know with "namaste" form and eyes close imagining god. Mostly people are sentimentally  emotional so they just blindly follow what priest tell them to do . and these things are just merely business for them and yes opportunity too  , he was searching for gold which get stick to ashes after cooling down. I'm pretty sure the guys working at cremation place do same.

• Like 1

21.”Its always too early to quit.” Norman Vincent Peale

22. “I want the world to be better because I was here.” Will Smith

23. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher

24. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” Barack Obama

25. “If you want something you’ve never had, you’ll have to do something you’ve never done.” Dave Ramsey

26. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” Kahlil Gibran

27. “The investor of today does not profit from yesterday’s growth.” Warren Buffet

28. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill

29. “Don’t be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so.” Belva Davis

30. “To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” Mike Gafka

Priest had to perform rituals and do prayers. He told us to pray , and in prayer we have to repeat words said by him .. you know with "namaste" form and eyes close imagining god. Mostly people are sentimentally  emotional so they just blindly follow what priest tell them to do . and these things are just merely business for them and yes opportunity too  , he was searching for gold which get stick to ashes after cooling down. I'm pretty sure the guys working at cremation place do same.

that is low. Trust is a precious rarity and should not be taken advantage of, I'm sure Dante reserved a special circle for people like that

• Like 2

31. “The earlier you start, the more time you have to mess up.” Emil Motycka

32. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie

33. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” Stephen Covey

34. “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” Teddy Roosevelt

35. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” Jesse Jackson

36. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” Winston Churchill

37.”You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky

38. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” Jim Rohn

39. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” Woody Allen

40. “Only I can change my life. No one else can do it for me.” Carol Burnett

• Like 1

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid. But he who conquers that fear.

Forgiveness is the virtue of Brave. – Indra Gandhi

If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?

It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

Bravery- Bravery is rewarded stupidity.

Courage is being afraid and saddling up anyway.

Be yourself. That is something you can do better than anyone else. Listen to that inner voice and bravery follow it.

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. – Seth Godin

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have left.

Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and something great will come of it.

Bravely- The courage of life is often a less dramatics spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. – John F. Kennedy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.

Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters. – Dau Voire

Bravery is not a quality of the body. It is of the soul. – Mahatma Gandhi

Strength a river cuts through a rock not because of its power but it persistence.

Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don’t fail forever. – Lana Del Rey

What lie behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.

You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.

Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. – Steve Jobs

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. – Winnie The Pooh

Experimentation is the precursor to wisdom. Be bold. Be brave. Make mistakes. Truth follows the courageous.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T.S.Eliot

I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren’t all that different.

If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, Life will reward you with a new hello.

• Like 1

The only animal capable of giving man a fair fight is man. Actually, among ourselves, we fight unfairest of all, and the more we practice, the nastier we get.

• Like 2

The history of man is simply the history of slavery, of injustice and brutality, together with the means by which he has, through the dead and desolate years, slowly and painfully advanced. He has been the sport and prey of priest and king, the food of superstition and cruel might. Crowned force has governed ignorance through fear. Hypocrisy and tyranny—two vultures—have fed upon the liberties of man. From all these there has been, and is, but one means of escape—intellectual development. Upon the back of industry has been the whip. Upon the brain have been the fetters of superstition. Nothing has been left undone by the enemies of freedom. Every art and artifice, every cruelty and outrage has been practiced and perpetrated to destroy the rights of man. In this great struggle every crime has been rewarded and every virtue has been punished. Reading, writing, thinking and investigating have all been crimes.

Every science has been an outcast.

All the altars and all the thrones united to arrest the forward march of the human race. The king said that mankind must not work for themselves. The priest said that mankind must not think for themselves. One forged chains for the hands, the other for the soul. Under this infamous regime the eagle of the human intellect was for ages a slimy serpent of hypocrisy.

The human race was imprisoned. Through some of the prison bars came a few struggling rays of light. Against these bars Science pressed its pale and thoughtful face, wooed by the holy dawn of human advancement. Bar after bar was broken away. A few grand men escaped and devoted their lives to the liberation of their fellows.

• Like 2