Logitech G700s assortment of issues

Xernicus

So... to start let me say that luckily these issues stopped today, but I'm worried it'll resurface soon so I figured I might ask around here to see if anybody has had this experience. I couldn't find anything similar on Logitech and gaming forums.

Awhile ago, I noticed that the right mouse button was getting sticky. Of course, I thought nothing of it, just that I should disassemble the mouse and apply alcohol to the switch to loosen it up soon. Well, from there the mouse would lose the profiles I had created (seemingly always while in game too :mad:), and to remedy this I downloaded the new Logitech Gaming Software (version 8.5.281) and re-flashed my G700s' firmware. That seemingly took care of the profile loss issue, but the right switch felt stickier by the day, and one day the LED's on the side were all off colors, either orange-ish amber, or a red. Almost as if they couldn't output green.

So I cleaned the switch with alcohol, with no success. Anyways, right as I was getting ready to send this damn thing back to Logitech, the switch is now functioning properly again, and the LED's are displaying the proper colors for battery level, DPI setting, and profile selection.

That brings me to my question... could the switch have internally shorted and been the cause of these issues? It's supposedly a high-quality Omron switch that's rated for some insanely high number of clicks, but sh*t happens. And do you think I should send the mouse back to Logitech despite the problem (mysteriously) disappearing? I spent $100 (USD) on this thing, and I want my money's worth!

Thanks for your opinion and advice.

And do you think I should send the mouse back to Logitech despite the problem (mysteriously) disappearing?

Yes, describe and send.

I play the logitech g400 over a year and never problems.Your mouse has the disadvantage (my opinion).

I got a replacement shipped out today, I don't even need to send the old mouse back! Very impressed with Logitech's customer service. Hopefully this new G700S will work as intended. ;)

• Like 1

Logitech has great warranties on their products, and really good customer service from my experience as well :)

All they ask is that you can test the product with a few suggestions they give you, and that you can provide a proof of purchase for the product. They take care of the rest.

It's nice to hear another good story about them as well. I read a few stories online that people said their customer service was terrible, but I just didn't see how.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Though I'd give an update on this, as it's been 4 months (to date) since I've had the replacement mouse.

First things first, and the most important- it's still functioning like it did on day 1! I'm having no problems of any sort. This mouse has also lasted me longer than the original.

I gave the old one to one of my gamer friends who swears that the mouse "works amazing" and "is the sh*t". Heh, if only he knew. :P

Anyway, anybody looking for a new mouse... I'd definitely recommend the g700s, especially since Razor's quality has gone down the crap-chute, and the cost of anything that is Steelseries is much more expensive.

• Like 1