Xbox One

JalapenoJaco

I think at least 3 launch titles are all games that feature micro-transactions. Seriously man....? Micro-transactions in single player content? 

This is also the same company that pretty much said that it couldn't trust its consumers and wanted to lock everyone into always on DRM.

On principal I would say go for the PS4. Otherwise, I'd just build a beastly pc and say to hell with consoles. Cheaper games, less clutter, extra lifespan (hello modding community!) and free online interaction. Well free in the sense that you only need to pay for the internet, instead of xbox live or playstation plus.

Then again, I'm a disgruntled former console fanboy, so what would I know. haha

• Like 2

$500 is steep IMO. For that price, you could easily put together a basic gaming rig with some new/used parts, a couple hundred more, and you can build a decent gaming PC. $300 is the highest I'd ever consider paying for a console, if I wanted one bad enough.

I considered buying the 360 and PS3 in the past at the $300 price point, but I don't really play console games enough to justify the cost.

As for problems between the two, I have seen a lot of 360's in the past with the red ring issue, and although disassembly wasn't too difficult for the average DIY'er, repairs weren't as easy if you needed to swap in a new optical drive, as Microsoft keys the drive specifically to the 360 motherboard. I'm guessing the One will be similar.

However, the PS3 also had its share of problems, but were easier to fix with just swapping in a new drive, power supply, etc. And the parts aftermarket is usually great at providing parts for users to repair their own products for less than what repair places charge. But I've also heard a few reports about the PS4 getting a blue light error.

For me it always comes down to this: If my PC can do what the Xbox or PS4 do, then I don't need it. But my gaming needs are much simpler :)

I don't think it's worth the money, especially if you can build a computer that is more powerful, since there are far more options when it comes to PC gaming. You don't have to pay extra to play online, there's modding and such, plus steam sales. I wouldn't go for the Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna try the xbox one at a local gaming arcade where you can play console games. I really wanna try Dead Rising 3. If its not any good im going ps4 with battlefield 4.

• 7 months later...