Microsoft dot net framework questions?

Ol Smoke

I need a bit of help with something involving this software in Win7/64.

After I rebuilt this new system it ran really well and COD4 ran pretty good till the graphics card went out.  But the one thing I noticed

was that after I was through installing all my programs and the system was running great, I had to install the dot net framework because

of some hacker holes it had.

Once I downloaded all the updates to dot net,  I started having troubles with my COD4 and some other programs.  The whole system now

seems slower and the games are running badly with hiccups and glitches in the graphics.

I have read a lot on the internet about dot net but no one will stand up and say, Yes you can remove it with out any trouble to other software.

I do have Office 2007 on here but that is the only MS products I have besides the Security stuff MS has in Security essentials.

So answer me this:

1.  Does dot net cause a slowing of the PC?  Others on the internet complain about this also.

2.  Can I remove it?

CoD4 is not developed in/with .net. Since the framework it is a library used for programs using .net, I guess there is another app, in .net, that makes your pc (feel) slower.

Yes you can remove it, no you shouldn't. .net is very integrated in Win7 and up.

Maybe this will help you: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/davidnotario/archive/2005/04/27/412838.aspx . Dis optimizer is plain stupid, when I read news or use light programs on PC it will idel on 0% and the moment I need 100% CPU for games it starts installing "in background" :P

Also the Redist c++ files, you could try to uninstall them and then install back the version of year you need for COD or current game you need.

• Administrators

This is not intended as disrespect, just my observation, problem is that you have a very basic understanding of what you are actually doing that you are being more counterproductive then helpful to yourself. Best option is to have someone remote in your comp and set it up. If that is not an option then have you checked the task manager and find out if there is a process that is hogging your resources. Do you have the exact list of updates installed? Was there a video driver updated done thought Windows Updates? If so go to manufacturers site and download and install the latest one from there. Is MS Essentials running when you are trying to play COD?