Charter CEO ‘surprised’ customers are shunning his pay TV service

sincity

Charter CEO Cord Cutting
Cable CEOs don't seem to understand why more and more customers are shunning their pay TV services. The Wall Street Journal reports that Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge said that he's been "surprised" recently by the number of subscribers who are opting to go only with broadband services and are forgoing his company's pay television options. Rutledge said that he thinks customers are shunning pay TV because Charter's video service still needs to be improved and not because they're opting to just get a broadband connection and watch Netflix and Hulu. Of course, Charter isn't the only cable company to see a rise in cord cutting as Time Warner Cable last quarter announced that it had lost a whopping 300,000 pay TV subscribers while Comcast has reported losing tens of thousands of pay TV subscribers this year.y-J2hUGRySo

View the full article

• Like 1

I worked for over 3 years for Charter Communications. The department i worked primarily in was TV/VIDEO Repair.. along with some Internet issues also. I have to say this is one of THE WORST if not THE #1 worst TV/HSI/PHONE companies in existence!! I was expected to keep these angry customers happy about their SHIT service. constant outages...billing screw ups...etc the list goes on.. So whitnessing from the inside how this company is ran, i can vouche that Charter is a JOKE! Keep in mind, I was a top agent on the phone.. but they decided to move almost ALL of their inbound call operation overseas.. leaving us hard working americans Jobless.. So after my years of service to these corporate masters, I was left with about 1 month notice that my job would be gone.. It's only a matter of time before these jokers file bankruptcy again, and rumor is they may get bought out by Time Warner

Thanks Charter!!! Shitting all over the Customers... then Finally all over your employees!!! That's about what i would expect from you!

Avoid Charter Communications at ALL COSTS!!

• Like 1

Hmmm pay outrageous prices for shit packages that half the time have nothing worth viewing, incessant ads, and programs that overtake others (looking at you shitty fox sports)...

..or watch what I want, when I want, on the device I want?

These CEO's are really surprised?

In Canada Bell and Rogers currently run a monopoly, and I can see them soon feeling this  impact: Or at least I hope. ;D

This is why I got rid of Time Warner. $100+ for digital cable. Premium channels? forget it.. Paying for those is insane. I rarely ever saw a new movie on HBO, Cinemax, etc.. I gave up on those channels years ago. I replaced Time warner with a Roku, with a Netflix and HuluPlus subscription. I pay $16 a month now, and I have more content available to me in a day, than I'd have all month with cable.

It gets really obvious that cable sucks when my best option for what to watch that night, was either watch the same Pawn Stars episode I've already seen 3 times, or the same Storage wars episode I saw 2 times..