Best movies ever

GoldenWings

A have a lot of fav movies. Hard to write down everyone ...
Full metal jackets. 
Apocalypse Now
Platoon.
We were soldiers.
Emperor

Dirty Harry "sixology"
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon. ( i really love the 3rd and 4th part ;) )
Stigmata

Falling Down.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch

Ocean's trilogy 
Pulp Fiction 
The Passion of the Christ -It's brutal realistic.

Jay and silent bob movies. Like dogma and clarks
Top secrets. -sztill a good comedy :)
Hot Shots! 1and 2

Johnny Stecchino

Blow Out(Le grande bouffe)

Doors - The movie!
Sunshine. 
And so on ...

• Like 2

Just watched Captain Phillips.  I thought it was a pretty good movie, but not quite as good as some of the movies that have been listed here so far.  I'm also starting to become a Netflix junky.  Any good recommendations? 

I like just about any kind of movie.  The ones I try to stay away from are the ones that Hollywood is trying to make political statements with.  I think that is why I like some of the older movies.  There was political stuff in them, don't get me wrong, but not like the stuff these days.

Well if you like war movies, see my comment above! 

Additional ones I like a lot:

Star Wars (all of 'em! ) 

Firefly movie "Serenity" (amazing, but watch the series first!!!)

I am Legend

Zombieland

And even though it's a TV series "The Pacific" and "Brothers in Arms" are amazing! 

As you can probably tell, I have a thing for extremely action-packed movies haha

I agree with your list.  I have not seen Zombieland or Firefly.  I'll watch them soon.  Band of Brothers and The Pacific were both fantastic.  Have them both on DVD and watch them about once a year.  Grew up on Star Wars so that is always a favorite.  I just started reading a Star Wars book to my daughter. (Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn)  Trying to get her hooked on them too.  Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm taking her down the Dark Side path B) .  Time will tell...

• Like 1

i have way too many! some of my all time favorites though:

braveheart

gladiator

LOTR trilogy

requiem for a dream

hero

• Like 1

A have a lot of fav movies. Hard to write down everyone ...

Full metal jackets. 

Apocalypse Now

Platoon.

We were soldiers.

Emperor

Dirty Harry "sixology"

Die Hard

Lethal Weapon. ( i really love the 3rd and 4th part ;) )

Stigmata

Falling Down.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Snatch

Ocean's trilogy 

Pulp Fiction 

The Passion of the Christ -It's brutal realistic.

Jay and silent bob movies. Like dogma and clarks

Top secrets. -sztill a good comedy :)

Hot Shots! 1and 2

Johnny Stecchino

Blow Out(Le grande bouffe)

Doors - The movie!

Sunshine. 

And so on ...

you and me, on the same page. epic list, epic movies, though I lol at potc.. How can a ficticious story be realistic? how can unwritten history be vindicated as realism? to date passion of the christ is the bloodiest movie ever made, and it is sensationalism in its purest form. gibson lost so much of his following in that one movie, and the following garnered was comprised of fanatics.. I am not opening up a religious debate, I will puke on my keyboard. But your list is so epic that I value your opinion.. why.. how..  did this movie make your list?

I recently watched 'the family', the story, plot, etc is kinda lame, but the directing was so spot on it has moved Luc Besson to one of my favorite directors ever, easily on par with Scorsese for the perfection of actor/actress directing and attention to detail.

The 'f*** me' face she gives the professor is just about the best f*** me face i have ever seen. As he breaks her heart on the phone you see the flush go in and out of her face, eyes glaze over and refocus.. It's just so perfect. The construction sign in the trunk of the clean up crew is epic and lol rolled into one- never can tell what you might need as you kill a neighborhood of people haha.