iOS App Store update provides access to ‘last compatible version’ of apps for older devices

sincity

iOS App Store Older Apps
With the release of iOS 7 just one day away, developers have been scrambling to ensure their apps will be compatible with the update, and even more importantly, flattening their icons to fit with the new design. Although this update is possibly the most significant yet for Apple's iOS platform, many iPhone owners are going to take their time before jumping on board, and a recent update to the App Store will allow them to "download the last compatible version" of an app in case their OS is out of date. As 9to5Mac observes, this is not only a sigh of relief for iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 users who don't care about iOS 7, but also for 3G and 3GS owners, who will still have access to the last working versions of their preferred apps even if they're update to Jony Ive's creation.rjPq-ASheVY

View the full article

• Administrators

I am sorry but the new eyecandy is just that eyecandy. These days I mostly use my Android and WP phones. Only have few apps that I use on iOS, and if they get on Android I am ditching iOS forever.