Minecraft Wondering about server rules, mods and whatnot

Xernicus

Hey everyone! Some people who play ET might know me. Anyways, I'm a huge Minecraft fan as well, and before I start playing on F|A's server, I want to make sure I know what's what. I know this is a survival server, with a PvP arena so I'm going to assume the following:

1. No Griefing
2. No robbing chests
3. You do use something like WorldGuard
4. There are no restrictions on where you can build, mine, etc.

Questions:
1. If I were to build a house, could I set up a perimeter around it, or is that prohibited?
2. Are there plot size limits?
3. What's the newest version of Minecraft that the server supports?

4. Any restrictions on blocks?
5. I presume this server isn't "cracked" and as such, there will be no "login" mod.

Thanks for checking this out and your replies. I look forward to playing with you soon! :)

Oh, and where is the server located...? I like playing with people, but a connection to Europe or whatever can be a bit sketchy latency wise.

^_^ Thanks again!

Hello, I can answer some of your queries for ya. BTW, when you enter the game, the rules are posted on signage, as you leave the spawn area you will see them all.

1. correct

2. correct

3. Joe uses some tools to save the world, and track griefing, etc., but I don't know the details

4. correct, as long as it hasn't already been claimed

In addition, we don't want you to build for others, unless they ask you too (un-wanted help basically is not allowed)

General respect of others is mandatory.

Next set of questions:

1. yes you can wall in your claim if you wish.

2. not sure how many you start with, but you gain more and more the longer you play on server.

3. 1.6.2 currently

4. unsure about what you mean on this one

5. again, I'm not sure what you mean here, I always log-in, but I wouldn't call our servers "cracked", they are fully legit.

6. not sure, but our cod servers are located in Chicago, Illinois, USA

Seeya around in -game!

Edited by soulJAHmon
  • Like 1

In addition, we don't want you to build for others, unless they ask you too (un-wanted help basically is not allowed)

General respect of others is mandatory.

4. unsure about what you mean on this one

5. again, I'm not sure what you mean here, I always log-in, but I wouldn't call our servers "cracked", they are fully legit.

6. not sure, but our cod servers are located in Chicago, Illinois, USA

Seeya around in -game!

Thanks for the fast response! :)

I figured that un-approved building on other people's stuff wouldn't be allowed, but good to hear a confirmation on that.

What I meant in question 4, is I know that using certain server-side mods it's possible to prevent players from using certain blocks or doing certain actions (such as TNT, setting fires, fireworks, etc.) and I was wondering if that applied here. My guess would be no?

Oh, and by question 5 I meant after I join the server if I had to type in a password or something to make sure it was actually me who was connecting, as Minecraft lacks GUIDs and ETKeys and the such. But that's not an issue if it's in "online" mode- which I presume it is.

Anyways, thanks again for answering the questions, and I'll see ya in game for sure!

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast response! :)

I figured that un-approved building on other people's stuff wouldn't be allowed, but good to hear a confirmation on that.

What I meant in question 4, is I know that using certain server-side mods it's possible to prevent players from using certain blocks or doing certain actions (such as TNT, setting fires, fireworks, etc.) and I was wondering if that applied here. My guess would be no? Yes there is a mod in place for this, can't set things on fire, no tnt above sea level, you can only place lava and water on your claimed blocks. That is all I can think of on that.

Oh, and by question 5 I meant after I join the server if I had to type in a password or something to make sure it was actually me who was connecting, as Minecraft lacks GUIDs and ETKeys and the such. But that's not an issue if it's in "online" mode- which I presume it is.

You have to have a legit copy of minecraft and you should have to login when launching minecraft. Unless I am misunderstanding as well.

hope that helps.

Great! I'll be checking the server out here shortly then! I like making fireplaces (with netherrack and brick), but I can definitely forego that on the F|A servers, just because I know that can be abused.
As for the "password" I'm talking about, this would be a good example: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/loginsecurity/

But anyways, since everybody needs a legit copy of Minecraft I'm not worried about it. I've played on other servers where apparently you didn't need a legit copy (prior to 1.6 that is), and somebody logged in with my name, and... well, long story short, it wasn't fun in the slightest.

Alright. Time to assassinate some creepers. Fearlessly. :P

Netherrock fireplaces are good to go as well, as long as they are in your claim, I have one or two myself. And the password thing, we don't do that. Once your logged into minecraft and join our server, you are playing.