Map Strategies: Adlernest

Connection

WARNING LONG POST

OK i have played clanbase leagues as a team player and a leader in the past and also was referee for ETL for a while so i have seen scrim maps played alot of times. i think i have a good handle on strats.. jsut to kinda justify why you might want to read this..

WARNING LONG POST

this came up in another post and i thought it would be good to make a new topic.. it'd be good for all to have topics like this so we can all learn so add your thoughts & tips too if you don't mind letting others in on -- i'm not going into big details and telling you all my good spots to camp or anything lol but just generally..

one thing about Aldernest is that it inst very balanced. Either the Allies absolutely waste or the Axis dont even let them get close to the door controls. It would be cool if there were closer games.

It's a scrim map. Their are 2 entries one from the top and one from the front. Our servers are running at the lowest artillary allowed rather then others. It's pretty easy to dyno it or use covert and get in the room and open the back door. Their are many ways to win that map if your team knows how to do team work.

To win a map in ET you always need teamwork.

about Adlernest:

the most effective way i have seen for allies to win adlernest is to win it in 2 minutes, right away. in scrim you would have 30 second spawn times ( clanbase config ).. so if the allies stick together ( maybe 3 medics, a panzer and a rnade engineer or w/e ) and rush into the axis right at beginning of map -- bypassing the door controls altogether just heading for axis spawn -- they can go straight through axis spawn to the objective and bring it back via the command post area if they are able to take out the whole axis team and they are lucky with the spawn timing.

1) all allies rush toward axis spawn immediately and try to frag entire axis squad

2) all allies that live through this go for obj and then to command post, build it and spawn there if possible

3) take obj to table and voila you have won adlernest in about 1:30 -- 2:00

of course there are particulars to work out but you get the picture.. and daredevil is exactly right -- in order to wipe out the whole axis squad and rush through their spawn the whole team is going to have to work together. adlernest gets really hard for the allies if they are going into the building 1-2 people at a time.. there needs to be 4-5 guns moving together to get into that little hell hole. in the same way axis needs to work together to win. one person can win adlernest if they sneak by axis as a covop or just get lucky going through their spawn, but if one guy can plant dyno, defend it for 30 seconds and then fight his way to obj then you need to effin shuffle.

other strategies include getting a covert op in uniform and letting all your m8s through the axis team door, or sneaking through alone which also works best if you do it RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF MAP so you catch axis off guard. if the initial rush fails and you face an axis team that's dug in and camping the controls adlernest gets very hard, but the way to break the defense is teamwork -- a good defense will have crossfire set up so you are getting shot by 2-3 people at once when you go into the building, so if 3-4 people are coming in at once you have them outgunned, right? so allied attackers need to come in hard and fast with grenades and spreading their fire out, so that some axis will be backraged as they decide who to shoot at. if there are only one or two of you coming in at a time while half your team hangs out outside, licking their wounds and just not helping, all those guys guarding the controls don't have to think much about who to shoot at eh? so teamwork is the key like daredevil said. push the axis back from the controls and protect your engineer, and then take command post spawn and its a straightforward attack the objective.

for axis to win:

1) stop allied initial rush

2) spread out around door controls and set up crossfire on entrances

3) camp

4) be aware of people trying to sneak through and if objective is captured all rush to the radio right away -- don't try to chase the objective down let it come to you.

this is pretty much standard tactic that works for for defense on any "capture the objective" map. just camp the objective and you have a huge advantage -- the allies have to come to you and you know exactly where they are going, but they don't know where you will be waiting for them. if the allies don't come to you and instead "dig in" at their own spawn they are pretty much giving up the win. time will run out.

camping is soo boring to me but you rack up lots of frags and win games if you are good at it and your team backs each other up. it works best when almost the whole team camps, but you have to be careful not to bunch up or stay in the same position for along time or one grenade or panzer or airstrike can blow a big chunk of your team up.

there goes another essay :lol:

But thats useful essay :P for newbies like me ;)

sure is.. would be useful for me too if I actually took my time to read it!! LOL!