Jumps/Bounce

A_Snake

Are these allowed in the servers. My understanding is they are not.  Also I am referring to the config that allows you to jump from a roof and then bounce up to another roof.  Not the normal running and jumping to avoid being shot.

Anyway I saw someone do it in Beginners the other day and mentioned it on Teamspeak, but we needed to confer with a leadar or co-leader.  Then today in Abner's a guy was doing it as well.

If I need to advise players not to do this I will, but I want to make sure it is something I should be doing and not ignoring.  Thanks.

I was told that glitches are accepted as long as you are clearly visible and are able to be killed. As long as the glitch the bounces needed to get here pass this criteria, I assume it would be fine. Unless something changed while I was gone, which is very possible also. I do little bounces on the FA servers to get into certain spots and have never had any issues with the admins but I would not think that going onto the roofs would be accepted

• Like 1

Just an FYI, this is an example of the bounce I saw in Beginners:

In that example, I was always told that we would warn them for trying / succeeding to get onto that roof and if that kept on doing it they would eventually be kicked.

Ill let someone else chime in though and see what their opinions are ;)

Edited by NotYourEggo

I usually do them only to try to no scope with a sniper while in the air, going somehwere you're not supposed to is different.

Bounce is allowed, but it should not be used to reach a spot otherwise not possible to reach through normal jumps...

So just to clarify for me, people can do the bounce without issue. But if the get on top of the building, as demonstrated in the youtube video, then action needs to be taken. Correct?

Edited by The_Dom

The bounces are fun for sniping at times when you are bored.  What do you guys think about the buildings on crash that you can get on and be  hard to kill or the buildings you can get in on ambush that allow you to be barely seen?