The battle begins: Anonymous takes control of North Korea’s Twitter and Flickr accounts

sincity

Anonymous North Korea Battle
Shortly after launching its “Operation Free Korea” initiative, notorious hacking group Anonymous has fired its first shots at North Korea. The group had demanded supreme leader Kim Jong-un resign, in addition to abandoning his nuclear ambitions and installing free democracy across the Asian country. Earlier this week, hackers belonging to Anonymous claimed to have stolen the passwords of 15,000 users from the North Korean propaganda website Uriminzokkiri. After its demands were not met, the group has begun to take down various properties belonging to Pyongyang.

Continue reading...EtyYYemDoio

View the full article

• Like 1

That is quite amazing! I can totally see what they are trying to do, but I can't help but think they may cause tensions to be raised even more.. I dunno, but I liked the story either way hehe

I think it can go either way, NK has talked about how they are going to launch an army highly trained of cyber attackers against the US. Then a group, a very skilled group, attack a good chunk, if not all, of their public facing sites. They have people in country, with full internet access through a system of repeaters, working with them. I think it is a huge strike to their cyber ego, hopefully it will make the realize they are playing in the big kids playground and back down some. We will see.