Windows 8 fails to impress holiday shoppers

sincity

Following the seemingly tepid launch of Windows 8, critics were told to wait until after the holiday shopping season was over to properly assess Microsoft’s (MSFT) newest operating system. The latest monthly numbers from analytics firm Net Applications are in and Windows 8 usage remains low. After two months into the new year, the operating system only accounts for 2.67% of web traffic, a small increase from 2.36% in January. Windows 8 continues to lag behind Windows Vista (5.17%), Windows XP (38.99%) and Windows 7 (44.55%). Last month also marked the end of Microsoft’s deep discount on Windows 8. The operating system now costs a whopping $119.99, making it even more difficult for the company to entice consumers to upgrade.b.gif?host=bgr.com&blog=36424464&post=35

View the full article

I like Win8 now that I found an app that gives me the start menu back.. Vista was garbage, XP was fantastic, Win7 was middle of the road. I think 8 will catch on and I truly believe Microsoft is on the right track..  Just my opinion thought  :D