Horse meat found in Ikea's Swedish meatballs

Chameleon

Swedish furniture giant Ikea was drawn into Europe's widening food labeling scandal Monday as authorities said they had detected horse meat in frozen meatballs labeled as beef and pork and sold in 13 countries.

The Czech State Veterinary Administration said that horse meat was found in one-kilogram packs of frozen meatballs made in Sweden and shipped to the Czech Republic for sale in Ikea stores there. A total of 1,675 pounds of the meatballs were stopped from reaching the shelves.

More..

http://www.foxnews.c...dish-meatballs/

meh...

It's kind of big scandal including many areas in Europe,

Anyway horse steak is delicious

Yeah I have actually had horse meat and it's not that bad, but here in the states it seems to be a pretty big issue hehe.

There is a lot about this lately. Not only Ikea, but other case.

Of course horse meat is not bad at all. But if something is labeled as beef or pork, that should be beef or pork, not horse meat.

Personally I would never eat horse. The same with cats and dogs.

Overall I would like to know what I am eating :)

People complaining mainly have a problem with eating the ride of their great-grandparents, they are these days not much more useful than other meat. And of course girls with ponies have problems with that.

Obviously when I order a steak I want beef, but for meatballs pretty much every which could've been grazing in the wild suffice.

• Like 1