kensta

Hey all since I have returned to ET I have not played the toy story map I forget the name of the map I used to run it on my server its not called story that's all I know lol IM SURE u have played it and I think it would be a GREAAAAAT MAP for the beginners server that way it is mixed up a little more I think u have like 2-3 custom maps on their that's kl but 1 more GREAT 1 would be awesome im sure if you have a vote people will want this map as it is so pwnaaage good for all types of players so adventures aswell.. FUN FUN FUN TIMES....can any1 remem the name@?????

1. On our former server of my (inactive) clan we had it configured so that you could play for objective no matter how fast.

The map would still go on as a fragfest after the end objective was done till the set timelimit was reached.

Just a thought...wouldn't matter then if someone rushes or attacking team is much stronger. :?:

2. I would like to see more infos regarding the different server settings at the overview-page.

Standard values which were modified like gravity, gamespeed, recharge times etc. and some jaymod specific settings like which g_hitmode is used. If there are cvar restrictions and their allowed values would also be nice to know :)

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 1

• Administrators

1. On our former server of my (inactive) clan we had it configured so that you could play for objective no matter how fast.

The map would still go on as a fragfest after the end objective was done till the set timelimit was reached.

Just a thought...wouldn't matter then if someone rushes or attacking team is much stronger. :?:

How? Once u complete the obj map ends unless u keep modifying map scripts for each map.. and to be honest that would be boring...

2. I would like to see more infos regarding the different server settings at the overview-page.

Standard values which were modified like gravity, gamespeed, recharge times etc. and some jaymod specific settings like which g_hitmode is used. If there are cvar restrictions and their allowed values would also be nice to know :)

Doable. I will try to update the ET server info page with more details. cvar restrictions would go under ET server rules wiki page.

1. Yep, was done through modifying mapscripts, maps stay playable the usual way except the timelimit setting the end.

Can be fun if your fav maps are getting rushed again, but is a matter of taste sure...

2. that would be nice to see ;)

By any chance you mean the map Cortex ?

WOOOO yes i do mean this map its raw pwnage v vv v v gd map for a beginners server good for every gun nice map size also

There is 1 new map we could swap if your up for it i forgot the name but like 80% of server dnt like this map including F|A members the 1 we cud swap it with lol forgot name and also SOMETIMES i see admin abuse by a "few" members which is bad show on behalf of your rules what you enforce and i try to enforce myself when i can in server but jus does not work when admins are having some sort of power trip , punting people for minor reasons without warning and this is a BEGINNERS server i have never been punted but i dont like see'ing new people getting punted for rushing when they dont even kno what rushing is etc etc i rarely see a WARNING issued and A HELL of alot of time a member joins then starts putting people everywhere like the noob noobs without asking the rest of the server thts bad show also jus taking over the game when its like 15mins in........ im sure s3 got a few stories he's in server just as much as me

Edited by kensta

• 2 months later...

What about the Praetoria Maps? Would be nice to see them on the Server :)

+ Imo it would be a good idea to get rid of some maps which are designed for ETPro competition, they don't work very well with those server settings. Like Supply, Bremen...it's usually a matter of seconds till the first spawn is taken. Adlernest is mostly done by nadejump from outside.

Edited by S3ti

• Administrators

What about the Praetoria Maps? Would be nice to see them on the Server :)

+ Imo it would be a good idea to get rid of some maps which are designed for ETPro competition, they don't work very well with those server settings. Like Supply, Bremen...it's usually a matter of seconds till the first spawn is taken. Adlernest is mostly done by nadejump from outside.

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/45965-map-rotation-for-fa-beginners-xps-enemy-territory-gaming-server-march-2013/

Correct place to suggest for map for next rotation.