INDIAN Chicken Masala Curry

INDIAN**

So some guys asked me on servers to post about the recipe of Indian curry so on their request here is my version of chicken masala curry . I choose chicken as for some non Indian guys it may not feel interesting. And i shall 1st tell you that Indian food is not always spicy it just depends on taste of nations . So i start here

Marination:

1. .5kg chicken

2. 3 tbsp curd (just to make chicken much more soft most Indians don't use it though)

3. 2 tsp red chili powder(as according to taste u may like less but i recommend 2)

4. 1/3 turmeric powder

5. salt as per taste and marinate them for .5 hour

Roast and make fine powder of cinnamon(don't use to much), 10 to 12 curry leaves, 5 cloves

1)Marinate chicken pieces in chili powder, turmeric powder, curds and salt for 30 mts or u can go for 1 hour don't put in fridge Indians do not do that.

2)Heat oil (as per the amount u think nearly 2 to 3 tsp) in a cooking vessel. Add the onions nearly 3 to 5 big ones and fry till they become orange pink. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry further for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.

3)Add coriander pwd, cumin pwd, pepper pwd and garam masala and combine well and fry for another minute.

4)Add the 2 tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine well and cook till oil separates(oil separation this the most important step u must do that or it may cause dish to become very much oily and the onions will appear and taste as unfried).Turn off heat. Keep aside this masala paste.

5)Heat 1 1/2 tbsps oil in a cooking vessel and add the marinated chicken and cook for some time till u think its ok i think 10 to 12 min on medium heat would be good i judge it by its colour

6)In india we use chiken masala if u get it u can use it there also i prefer using it or u can add garam masala u would get it in super market or indian store it consists of black and white peepercorns ,cloves , cinnamon and black and white cumin seeds and cardamom) If u get it add 1.5 tsp of it or as per spicy u want.

7)Add the masala paste, ground powder of cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves and combine well. (Add a cup of water for more gravy consistency). Cook till chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired curry consistency. Adjust salt.

.8)Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.

Enjoy do tell how was it .Try it please and tel me if u like it.

If u want more indian dishes do tell what u want i will like to post them also .

glad you posted this cause like i said ive never had indian food

will be making it this week

questions:

is curds yogurt? or curds as in cheese?

i dont think we have curry leaves. i can check whole foods. i have the spice curry though

do you serve just this or do you put it over rice or something?

curd is youghurt we call it dahi in hindi curd is not cheese how did u ever think of that. curry leaves i think u would get it i see it very much often used on TLC still use basil if u want but wont give same flavor .

U can take this with rice also or chapatis as we do in india it depends on how u make it if u make it much dry u can use chapatis . Both go well. never use lemon on chicken just a suggestion . i will also post about simple curry but that would be after 15 days after my exams.

iamweasel so where did u visit in india had butter chicken??or famous bhelpuri and chat.?

I didn't actually think you would make the topic about it lol.

slender told u i will become master chef India one day so how do i leave when someone asked me to tell me abut indian food.

secondly guys i forgot to mention that i left 2 other spice mixes because i dont know their english names .

and cheese curd is hung curd in india i think not sure.??

• 4 weeks later...

Marinate for 1/2 hour at room temperature:

1lb Chicken

3 Tbl. Plain yogurt

2 Tsp Chili powder

1/3 Tumeric powder -> 1/3 of what of tumeric powder

Salt to taste

Roast cinnamon sticks, 10-12 curry leaves, 5 cloves How many cinnamon sticks?

Grind and make a fine powder

Heat 2-3 Tsp Oil in a skillet.

Fry onions until done 3-5 big ones is alot, yes? Onions here can be bigger than my fist.

Add the garlic-ginger paste. Is this something you make or you can buy it?

Continue to fry for an additional 3-4 minutes

Add the following and continue to fry for an additional minute:

Coriander powder How much?

Cumin Powder How much?

Pepper How much?

Garam Masala How much?

Add 2 tomatoes and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Are these sliced, diced, or?

Cook until the oil separates

Turn off the heat and keep aside the masala paste

Heat 1 and 1/2 Tbs of oil in a skillet

Add the marinates chicken and cook for 10-12 minues.

Add 1 and 1/12 Tsp. of chicken marsala or garam marsala

Add the masala paste, ground cinnamon, cloves, and curry leaves.

Add 1 cup of water

Cook until desired consistency

Add salt to taste

Garnish with coriander leaves

Is chapati just pita bread or should I try making my own?

Chapati is just like pita bread only flat, so I guess you can use that

If you do want to make it at home just get some dough and make the dough flat and put it on a skillet and make sure you see black spots on each side so you know it's done.

• Like 1

Who all are really interested in Indian dishes, just visit an Indian restaurant, visit their chef if possible, observe how they prepare the dishes. (if they permit you in) preparing Indian dishes isn't that easy. Even if you prepare, that will taste like boogies :D I just mean that you should have cooking experience from the past.

Marinate for 1/2 hour at room temperature:

1lb Chicken

3 Tbl. Plain yogurt

2 Tsp Chili powder

1/3 Tumeric powder -> 1/3 of what of tumeric powder

Salt to taste

Roast cinnamon sticks, 10-12 curry leaves, 5 cloves How many cinnamon sticks?

Grind and make a fine powder

Heat 2-3 Tsp Oil in a skillet.

Fry onions until done 3-5 big ones is alot, yes? Onions here can be bigger than my fist.

Add the garlic-ginger paste. Is this something you make or you can buy it?

Continue to fry for an additional 3-4 minutes

Add the following and continue to fry for an additional minute:

Coriander powder How much? -1 tea spoon or slight more

Cumin Powder How much? 1to1/2 tea spoon

Pepper How much? 1/2 tea spoon

Garam Masala How much? 1 table spoon or slight less

Add 2 tomatoes and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Are these sliced, diced, or? chopped finally because we need garvy

Cook until the oil separates

Turn off the heat and keep aside the masala paste

Heat 1 and 1/2 Tbs of oil in a skillet

Add the marinates chicken and cook for 10-12 minues.

Add 1 and 1/12 Tsp. of chicken marsala or garam marsala

Add the masala paste, ground cinnamon, cloves, and curry leaves.

Add 1 cup of water

Cook until desired consistency

Add salt to taste

Garnish with coriander leaves

Is chapati just pita bread or should I try making my own?

turmeric 1/3 big spoon

cinnamon is too strong so 1 small ones

onion 3 to 5 big - Indian dishes use much onion i don't know the size of onions u get there so size may differ so use 3-5 medium size

garlic ginger paste u can get anywhere u can make it or even buy it

tsp -is tea spoon

and tbsp is table spoon.

ok i must tell these quantity is upto my liking and secondly i am not chef so i may not cook or present the recipie like them.so mistakes should be forgiven........ :thanks

Who all are really interested in Indian dishes, just visit an Indian restaurant, visit their chef if possible, observe how they prepare the dishes. (if they permit you in) preparing Indian dishes isn't that easy. Even if you prepare, that will taste like boogies :D I just mean that you should have cooking experience from the past.

and this is certainly true.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...