Nocell Needs Heaphones!

Levi

Okay I've been wanting a really good pair of headphones for awhile now. I would mainly be using them to listen to music, and on wolfenstein from time to time. In the past I've used or tried Koss HD headphones $24.99, Regular Koss headphones $9.99, Sony earbuds $9.99, Beats by Dre $99.99, Sony over-ear headphones $29.99, JVC earbuds $9.99, + more. Now note I've bought a good few of these, or had listening experience with them. I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for under $100. The best headphones for the price I've got was the Koss HD with good bass & volume control on headphones themself with excellent fading technoglogy. I have no idea what to get to enjoy. I don't want earbuds cause I'll lose them so that's out of the question. Have any recomendations please let me know I get paid the next coming week (10 days from now) so would like to see everyones opinion.

just remember, you don't have to over spend for a piece of headphone. mine is only $10 w/ microphone & i can hear every footsteps in ET :o

i m agree with you, i buy à 30 € headphone and it s enough

Well that's my problem I wasn't really satisfied with any of the headphones I have so far and was wondering if you guys could provide links, or anything to some good ones i can order.

Well, the one's I use are Equation Audio RP21's. They're super nice. Detachable cable means you can replace it, because the cable's gonna be the first thing to break. They don't color audio (most headphones have a slight bass boost in them), which makes them great for me - for general listening, you may want to EQ your music if you want to increase the bass or whatev's...iTunes (and I assume other audio players) and iPods have an internal EQ you can play with.

I dunno...I'm a sound engineer, so my needs may be a bit different than yours, but they're still awesome. One downside - they're not the most portable. They don't fold up like a lot of over hear head phones to.

Shure, Audio Technica, Bose, and Sennheiser make good one's, but they can get a bit expensive.

• Like 1

Well, the one's I use are Equation Audio RP21's. They're super nice. Detachable cable means you can replace it, because the cable's gonna be the first thing to break. They don't color audio (most headphones have a slight bass boost in them), which makes them great for me - for general listening, you may want to EQ your music if you want to increase the bass or whatev's...iTunes (and I assume other audio players) and iPods have an internal EQ you can play with.

I dunno...I'm a sound engineer, so my needs may be a bit different than yours, but they're still awesome. One downside - they're not the most portable. They don't fold up like a lot of over hear head phones to.

Shure, Audio Technica, Bose, and Sennheiser make good one's, but they can get a bit expensive.

Those look quite delightful only downside is the nearest place to get them is 3 hours away.

:(

I've been trying to get people to provide me with links you were the best one so far. I'm mainly looking for headphones that I can order online. Getting money out of the bank and headed to th elocal electronic store is just not good to do this time of year. Everywhere is packed because of Christmas.

I've been trying to get people to provide me with links you were the best one so far. I'm mainly looking for headphones that I can order online. Getting money out of the bank and headed to th elocal electronic store is just not good to do this time of year. Everywhere is packed because of Christmas.

Makes sense...

I found this. Never used them, but the specs looked good on Equation's website. The reviews look good, too. They're a model down from the 21's, but seem to still have good quality (if you remember that they're adjustable - unlike those who reviewed them....), especially for the price. Plus they're collapsable. I can't vouch for 'em, but they might work. I'd do some research, but don't take too long - only one left in stock.

Also, this. I have friends who have these, and they're awesome. You really can't go wrong with Shure. Plus they're currently marked down 30%.

Edited by Lulu

As for the beats by dre, I've seen A LOT of them returned with problems, static, only one side works etc. However, they do sound nice... when they work. But they're just a mass produced product, and there really is no TRUE quality that smaller companies will give you.

Sennheiser makes a couple different models, with great reviews (4 stars+ for each model), and I rarely see those returned. Some are even wireless.

• Like 1

Sennheiser is indeed a good option, they sell headphones between 20 and 400 euro's. Ofcourse the more expensive ones are better than the cheapest ones, but you have to make a good balance between cost vs. quality.

• Like 1

I would avoid Beats. They're over priced crap. They can pass off as decent if your idea of good sound is 5x as much bass as any human should desire, but that's about it. My fellow sound engineer friends mock them on a near daily basis.

I would also be a little sketched out about wireless. While I haven't personally heard anything about them since the technology was new and unreliable, I don't know how far they've come. They might be great, I dunno - just make sure to do some research before you buy 'em.

• Like 1

Do your ears a favor, and buy yourself some Sennheisers, like these ones: http://www.amazon.co...ords=sennheiser

After you have tried Sennheiser, you will never go back to something else! :punk

It's true. Not the best for what I do, but for just general listening, Sennheiser is kinda hard to beat. Within every company, the more you pay, the better the product is. That's not to say that if you spend more, they're gonna be better, because as I stated before Beats suck and they're crazy expensive. But, after you choose your company, I'd say get the most expensive ones you are willing to pay for (look at list price, not sale price), because those are going to be your best bet.

• Like 1