Capital letters in text binds

Saizou

First of all I would like to point out the knowledge and guide presented here has been gathered from all over this forum (mostly from DareDevil's thread, link: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/20-scripts-configs-sharing/ , and tutorials posted by members), and other websites I've encountered when I was trying to patch together my binds. Many people through various tutorials have explained this before, and there are multiple ways to do this. I'll merely post my own example how I did it, and I won't be getting into details about vstrs because I don't know much about them myself.

Basically you need to do 2 things, 1. you need them to put 2 lines posted below into .cfg file which 2. you will call every time you connect to a server with /exec command. In theory you could also do it in console, but from some reason it won't work properly, so stick with .cfg file.

So these 2 lines are:

set yourmessagename "vsay somevsay yourmessagetexthere"
bind x vstr yourmessagename 

yourmessagename is name of the string you will use, it can be anything. somevsay is one of voice chat you want ET to play (example Affirmative, Negative, etc.) and yourmessagetexthere is the message you want ET to display. x is a key you want the message to be bound to.

One of examples how it looks in my binds:

set DynamiteMsg "vsay FTDisarmDynamite ^3Somebody set up us the ^1bomb!"
bind ] vstr DynamiteMsg

So these 2 lines I have put into bindsexample.cfg file which I put into my etmain folder, and every time I connect to a server I write /exec bindsexample.cfg into console.

Here is a link to colored chat guide that helped me alot during my firs steps into vsay binding, and selecting who will hear your vsays and see your messages (all,team or fireteam) and I think you should be able to follow it (or check out Thor's tutorial under tutorials section (which contains list of available vsays).

Link: http://www.filefront.com/9184969/ET-Colored-Text--Voice-Chat-Guide-updated/

Link to Thor's tutorial: http://fearless-assassins.com/index.php?app=tuts&module=tuts&section=tuts&t_id=38

Hope it gets you capital letters into your binds.

bindsexample.cfg

Saizou, When i did my vstrings I made a few, after I quit the game and came back on they werent there

I used the console :help what happened :mad:

It is possible that your autoexec.cfg removed them, my semi default semi modififed autoexec.cfg as it's first line has /unbind all command - effectively clears everything that you have bound to keys, and I think every default autoexec has it as a first line. That's why it's better to put binds in .cfg file - even if they are gone you can restore them in matter of seconds.

Sorry for not telling this earlier, although it happened to me sometimes.

i have 1 quick question can you give me a sample like with /set and /bind cause i wanna paste on my cfg, like 1 complete thing so all i have to do is paste

-if you think its too much im sorry, :mellow::excl::thanks

what do you mean? Example of any kind of /bind or any type of /set?

i have 1 quick question can you give me a sample like with /set and /bind cause i wanna paste on my cfg, like 1 complete thing so all i have to do is paste

-if you think its too much im sorry, :mellow::excl::thanks

Well, if the example posted in first post isn't enough here is some more. All you need to change is the the key, vsay and your message. Preferably also you can change the names of messages, but it's not required in this case, although you should use your own names so you can keep track of what does what (not to mention that there's a chance of binds not working properly).

set MinesMsg "vsay FTDeployLandmines ^3Leave them a ^1surprise!"
bind ' vstr MinesMsg

set YesMsg "vsay Affirmative ^3Search your feelings, you know it's ^1true!"
bind BACKSPACE vstr YesMsg

set NoMsg "vsay Negative ^1NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
bind / vstr NoMsg

Examples for team chat:

set MedicMsg "vsay_team Medic ^aI need a medic, only ^1 [s] ^ahp!"
bind F3 vstr MedicMsg

set AmmoMsg "vsay_team NeedAmmo ^aI'm out of ammo!"
bind F4 vstr AmmoMsg

set ThanksMsg "vsay_team Thanks ^4T^2h^3a^1n^2k^4s^2!"
bind F5 vstr ThanksMsg

It should look like this:

set engineermsg "vsay NeedEngineer ^0We ^9need ^0^1SMEE ^9here^0!!"
bind p vstr engineermsg

NOTE: engineermsg is a random name I picked, you can use any name.