A penny for your thoughts

krosan

Also, I don't like grenade launchers either, but it is allowed so either get used to it or go to a different server.

but those are just my two cents, take it or leave it.

Bam. Off topic, but I think more people on Beginners need to hear that.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I guess my only question left is...what good does the "offensive" language do? If you're sitting there and some camper or someone with a GL or LS kills you 3 times in a row, screaming "F**K!" is acceptable. That is a venting of frustration. But then you take the time to say crap like that in the chat? Call them a "noobtuber" or saying something along the lines of "lose last stand. You suck anyway" (Yeah, that's right. I remember you)? I can't see who that helps. All you are doing is bullying the person and trying to put them down. I can't see who wins there. Regardless of whether or not it offends you, obviously you know that it offends some people, so why not respect that? Are you really that self absorbed? Keep it to yourself, please.

Yeah. I know it's the internet. I know there is filth all around and that we are simulating killing people, so why should swearing be any different? Maybe it's not, but that's not what is community is about. They put the rules in place for a reason. Respect them or go somewhere else.

Edited by Lulu
  • Like 1

First off, "just telling people what to do - No, it's telling you why we have it. Because you don't seem to understand."

Some extracts of your previous comment:

I understand that you're telling people what to do, this discussion is meant to see different sides of the subject, not just your opinion, thanks for that.

4 parts of a text: For 1 and 2: You start calling it a noobtube for no reason, other than your lack of anger management. I don't like that and I even explain why. Because you don't understand.

But for 3 and 4, really read the sentence again. Hint: it's related to common sense.

"Yes, start bypassing the filter/rules. I'd love that. I've kicked for less." Very alpha comment there sir. You must feel good with all those powers to be able to throw around threats like that.

Admins I know don't like to use their powers, they like to play a game. We have admin powers because we want to play on a clean server.

Since sarcasm isn't expressed over the internet, now without sarcasm: I don't like to kick.

Mind you some of your fellow admins do exactly this and disagree with the filtering of certain words such as noob. You'd have noticed that if you'd have read the actual topic.

I've read the topic clearly better than you. You start with: "OMFGWTFBBQ I hate the language filter.". Later you turn it into "OMFGWTFBBQ Why am I not allowed to call it a noobtube". When that shit hits the fan in your general direction you start "OMFGWTFBBQ Why are all these interesting words filtered?".

I explain every single point of it.

"And third, yes, some words might be added to the word-list, and some are in there for a reason I won't fully understand either. But that is a different topic than you currently stated." You might realize this topic is exactly about that, if you'd actually pay attention to what the discussion is about and less about your own opinion.

Start a topic with:

"Hey, I don't like that vagina is filtered but sh*t isn't. How can I have a decent conversation about my period without without saying that my vagina is bleeding, it's decent name."

At least then we know exactly what you're talking about.

On to rolf's very friendly ego-manifestation.

What an ego.

Don't make me the evil guy. I return your statements (luckily with reasoning at first) with reasoning. I just don't agree with you.

And I find your way of arguing lacking social skills, luckily I have sufficient skills to adapt myself to different discussions :D

If you're sitting there and some camper or someone with a GL or LS kills you 3 times in a row, screaming "F**K!" is acceptable.

It is not acceptable, but understandable sometimes. But that's why we have the language filter, to make sure that you don't keep doing that. For those things (if GL,LS is rulebreaking) I won't !warn anyone for it :)

It is not acceptable, but understandable sometimes. But that's why we have the language filter, to make sure that you don't keep doing that. For those things (if GL,LS is rulebreaking) I won't !warn anyone for it :)

I meant verbally...to yourself...not on the chat.

I have got a headache after reading all this!! My son plays on this game he is 13, I am happy for him to play it he knows there are peeps doing these things in the real world and has great respect for all the armed forces of all countries, he is polite and respects rules on all forums (less he is playing in his own private servers with his mates lol). I would not however be happy for him to be sworn at everytime he kills someone over and over or be bullied by other gamers , the filter not only makes it a good gaming experience it protects the kids from foul mouthed bullies. I also don't want to see foul language in every other sentence, there is no need for it! Yes it is a violent game but I don't expect him to go pick up a AK47 and start shooting random ppl or put on a gillie suit lol, however if he was seeing swear words everyday he would probably start using them in his everyday life..

I believe part of what Krosan is talking about also is myself and other admins say in chat watch the language please or just language when people swear. I do this simply because if a lot of people are talking and someone swears they may not see the warn plus it shows that there is an admin on the server paying attention. The only time I ever take action is if it gets excessive or turns into a flame war or if i see someone bypassing the filter. I will however !warn/!kick people for racism because I won't stand for that nobody should have to deal with that at all i play on beginners a lot and I know who tests the filters and tests how many things they can say before being kicked. i also know of a couple people who will swear/ragequit and while I find it hilarious when they do I don't believe the few younger members or children of members that play should be subject to it. As for the grenade launcher as its been stated its a beginners server so its allowed and i'll blow you up later with it ;)

• Like 2

I've seen admins give warnings for a player complaining one or two times in a single map, which to me is way over the top. Not all maps are equally balanced for spawns, not everybody realizes this.

Unfortunaly spawn killing is allowed in the servers. It gets frustrating for players dieing every 10 sec some times. Sometimes they have to say something like "holy spawn killing!". Sometimes the other players on the opposite team will back off a little if it gets to that point (at least i do), and it can take someone saying that in chat for it to get noticed.

I know having more rules can make it more difficult, but it can create a more player friendly and fun environment.

Edit: the rules are very grey in places. it would be nice to make them more clear

when a server is busy spawn killing becomes inevitable, yes some ppl camp where spawn happens but most are so busy getting to their "spots" these things happen I get called a camper but I am not I am a sweater as my son calls me ppl just happen to spawn in front of me and I shoot them

The CoD rules are not clear on bitching.

I, personally, have always follow the ET ruleset when it comes to bitching.

Mind you both games have different commands, but the idea is the same.

Someone's playing and says 'Aw f***'.. I let it slide. Our server itself will auto warn for swearing. However, those that go on and on, or go around the filter (phuk, phaggot, bytch etc) I'll say something to.

I guess in the end it's the admin in question's mindset and decision. Not everyone agrees with swearing, and there are some of us that just don't give a shit as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Bitching

• Once in a while general bitching is allowed. We are easy and fun gamers. Most players go emo when they die. So a general bitching here and their is allowed.
  • Continous bitching = not allowed. Use !mute.
  • Always cry for panzer each 3 mins = Tell him to stfu panzer is part of game. If you can't take panzer don't go emo and cry.
  • Saying f***ing noobs, niggers, etc. once a map or sometimes people speak it. = Allowed.
  • Bashing on any player continuously you suck, you f***ing noob, you f***ing jew, etc. = Not allowed. !mute those players.
  • Spamming/Bitching in PM is not allowed. Someone says he is getting PM spammed tell him to get SS and post it on forums or send it by xfire.
  • Admins bad mouthing on other members/players will not be allowed. You are admin and you shouldn't do that. Be patience. If any admin is found bitching on server, he will be removed from clan at that very point. Admins bitching on servers will not be tolerated 0% tolerance.

Mute time is for 10 mins. If you think that he should be ok unmute him fast. On ETPUB you can do !mute based on time. See admin commands and usage links.

Wow, Sin, where did you quote this from? The wiki for ET? It says saying "f***ing jew" = not allowed (which is clearly appropriate), but I'm shocked that it says that saying "f***ing niggers" = allowed. WTH? Guess I'm glad I don't play ET.

Edited by soulJAHmon

Wow, Sin, where did you quote this from? The wiki for ET? It says saying "f***ing jew" = not allowed (which is clearly appropriate), but I'm shocked that it says that saying "f***ing niggers" = allowed. WTH? Guess I'm glad I don't play ET.

These are our Clan ET Rules on the F|A Wiki.

ET is no different than CoD when it comes to our servers, other than commands.

We have set rules, but it's also an admins discretion, within reason.

Also, the post was not saying that 'f**king jew' isn't allowed, and using the N word is allowed.

I believe the example is pretty much- Seeing it come up once, a SLIP UP, is fine. Anything more, repeated abuse etc is not allowed.

Most admins on server (might be a bit different now, it's been a while since I was on ET) don't let that sort of thing fly anyway. We see it come up, someone says something. If it gets too bad, then we have the proper channels. :)

I believe "nigger" is also in the language filter in CoD4. Caught it once in a different context.

Also, slipping once isn't the problem. The language filter just says that you are slipping.

Replace the rarely busy killbox server with an 'elite hardcore server' and have no tubes, 3x frag, martyr, last stand etc so every one can play happily! Plus then there is no need for us Europeans to rage whenever we get killed by one of these 'no-skilled' perks or classes therefore no need for a language filter; which in my opinion plays no part in whether or not people play in the server and is ridiculous!