Error!

Castiel**

Hey everyone. Its me again. I downloaded Battlefield 2. I am running windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. After installation, when I try to run the game a black window opens up, but nothing more happens. About 10 seconds later a box appears saying "Error! DirectX version 9.0c or higher is required to run BF2. Please install DX9c and try again." I already have DirectX 11 on my PC (the latest one). I have tried re-installing DirectX too but I still get the error. Anyone know why this happens?!?

~Cass!

Edited by Castiel

Try running it as an administrator in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2). If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I had the same issue with Farcry 2 and that seemed to work for me.

Good luck!

Try updating your graphics card drivers. If you still get the same error, uninstall directx completely and reinstall the directx9 and check if it works.

I have the latest drivers available for my card. I have uninstalled DirectX with a software called something like DirectX Happy Uninstall or something, and installed the version 9.0c directx, but still it doesn't run.

~Cass!

I have the latest drivers available for my card. I have uninstalled DirectX with a software called something like DirectX Happy Uninstall or something, and installed the version 9.0c directx, but still it doesn't run.

~Cass!

Check that the version of DirectX you have installed is version 9.0:

- Click on start button, type dxdiag in the search box, and then press enter.

- Click the system tab, and under System Information, check the DirectX version number.

Did you patch the game? and did you install direct x from the CD?

I believe you need to have direct x 9. to play only

theres no support for direct 10 and 11 for BF2

• 4 months later...