Patch Selector not working

Corey

Question

I reformatted my pc yesterday and re downloaded cod4 (through steam) and when i try to use the patch selector this is what I get.

dsdsdz.png

when i click on 1.6 it says missing mss32.dll and when i click 1.7 it says cant find iw3mp.exe. Of course I can get 1.7 through starting it on steam so that is not a big deal.

It worked fine before i reformatted so not sure what the deal is here. If anyone has any advice feel free to share! thanks! :)

Also... I made a copy of my players folder before i reformatted to copy it over, but my rank in game got reset so I don't know if I lost my admin or not on our servers.

Edited by Corey

3 answers to this question

did you install the patch selector in the cod folder. Thought you had to do that.

Only thing I can think of atm, without checking some stuff on pc which is at least 5m away from me :P

ahhhh thanks joske it works :) i had to put it in my steam folder where cod is at!

Still got my levels on the server but my stats are gone :(

Edited by Corey

• Administrators

Also... I made a copy of my players folder before i reformatted to copy it over, but my rank in game got reset so I don't know if I lost my admin or not on our servers.

If you keep same key, your admin will stay.