nadionnepj

Hey all,

So I was just wondering if anyone else on these forums woodworks. I've been doing it for a couple of years and thought I'd post some pics of a display I set up at a local library for anyone who is interested. Not great quality, but it has been a ton of fun. For those musicians among you I am currently building a Gibson '59 Les Paul, though with all the "unique features (aka mistakes), it may not exactly resemble one. I can put up pics of the guitar if anyone wants to see them. I had to put the pictures into a .pdf file because otherwise they were too big.

Respectfully,

nadionnepj

Display.pdf

• Like 1

heck ya, i love woodworking. I've been building high end houses and yacht interiors for 20 years now. once its in your blood, its hard to get it out! lol you can see the yachts i build online at sanjuanyachts.com

yes. alot of the parts we make from thin solid laminates, due to the curves, arcs, and custom forming that we need. boats have alot of curves and few straight lines. I build almost exclusively with teak lumber & teak plywood. it is an oily wood, so we use epoxy for glue, and have to be very diligent about prep work. its challenging, and can be fun too

• 3 weeks later...

Nice you all. The only wood working I do is building Woodduck Nest boxes and a few other bird houses. Maybe a deer feeder from time to time. Oh and I did build my Dog's house. I like to leave the wood working up to the professionals.

• 2 weeks later...

Ecoban,

What are you planning on doing with the bicycle cart? Just for fun, or actual use everyday? It doesn't look too complicated... The fun part will be ensuring no extra drag comes from the wheels. Oh, and turning, that should be interesting as well.

I would like to try to make this :

bamboo_inside.jpg

A little bit hard for my skills.

If any are interested : http://www.simple-ci...ns v3 EMAIL.pdf

Ecoban try do it :) And nice

Hey all,

So I was just wondering if anyone else on these forums woodworks. I've been doing it for a couple of years and thought I'd post some pics of a display I set up at a local library for anyone who is interested. Not great quality, but it has been a ton of fun. For those musicians among you I am currently building a Gibson '59 Les Paul, though with all the "unique features (aka mistakes), it may not exactly resemble one. I can put up pics of the guitar if anyone wants to see them. I had to put the pictures into a .pdf file because otherwise they were too big.

Respectfully,

nadionnepj

Nice hobby, i too like woodworking, but i am beginner :)

With my hand skills it could be a very hard project. The difficult thing is to align wheels perfectly.

I haven't enough time to do it atm.

More info :

http://www.carryfreedom.com/bamboo.html

http://www.used-hq.de/used-website/english/products/carryfreedom/bamboo-en.html

Edited by Ecoban

I tried woodwork in high school, but cracked it and stormed out of class when for the 4th time the joints for my foot stall didn't meet up.

I have plenty of ideas in my head oif what I would love to make, but I don't have the patience lol :)

Love wooden things though, even kids toys :)

I saw this great signature on a woodworking website the other day. Goes something like this:

"When a mistake is made by an amateur, they start over.

When it's made by a professional, they cover it up.

When it's made by a master, it's displayed and sold as a 'feature'."

Just something I thought really applied.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i love wood work,in school i have only 5 it's in Estonia 5 is max, i'm right now in 9 class

all years woodwork 5, it's so easy i don't get how some my class mate can get 1 :lol_3: but it's not joke

• 1 month later...

sort of...

I find wood finishing rather cathartic. I'm not unskilled in cabinet making but lack the correct tools to do a proper job. Have to rely upon a brother to permit me access to his wood shop. When I get it, I go nuts.

The finishing work I can do at home and I love it, subsequently everything in the house is natural, mostly tung or linseed oil finished. I have no problem spending a couple of weeks, or months in the case of a guitar neck (nitro lacquer), getting the finish exactly correct.