Eating A Balut

PiNoY

Have you eaten certain types of taboo food, like balut?

Here's what a balut looks like from outside

balut_egg.jpg

Personally, me and my family never miss out eating them during my work vacation :P

WARNING:

THE BELOW LINK CONTAINS HIS EXPERIENCE OF EATING A BALUT TABOO FOOD WITH GRAPHIC PHOTOS OF DUCK FETUS INSIDE AN EGG SHELL, YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

If you cannot bear the silence and the darkness, do not read more; if you dislike black night and yawning chasms, never make them your profession. If you fear the sound of water hurrying through crevices toward unknown and mysterious destinations, do not consider this. Seek out the sunshine. It is a simple prescription. Avoid the darkness.

http://www.deependdi...inoy-pinay.html

i like to sip the juice out of it....it has been a while since i ate one...i think i'll buy one today..especially nice during rainy season...i heard its also aphrodisiac :-)

yehhhh, ...i agree on the aphrodisiac effect, could be body to body effect though :P it is actually not bad eating them anyway, afaik ive been eating balut since i was 6

I've tried this. A bunch of vietnamese and Lao buddies of mine talked me into this while we were drinking. I won't lie, I thought it was pretty gross.

If it's one thing I learned from those guys; if they offer you food you better ask "What is this?" before you take a bite. If everyone starts laughing and won't tell you then proceed with caution.

It turned out I'm fairly fond of BBQ duck heads.

speaking of duck heads, you should try our BBQ chicken head,neck,feet,intestines & BBG pork ear & intestines :-D

asian food, most exotic of all lol

bros maybe you should share some of your pictures eating them, it's nice eating them once in a while. :-D specially that you dont get a taste of them in less than a year or so