GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Psapp

try to update the driver of your video card.

if this wont help try to find your autoexec.cfg. open it and search after "seta r_mode [number]" and change the [number] to 4. save the cfg and start et.

thats the problem i just download ET again, after reinstal windows , i havent autoexec.cfg in etmain folder. thank you for your time anyway. dont know how i will fix it :(

Edited by Psapp

try to do the following:

1. create a shortcut for your ET.exe (right click on ET.exe and create a shortcut),

2. right click on the shortcut, select Properties and add to the line C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\Et.exe (or similar) the text r_mode 4 and vid_restart. it have to look like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\ET.exe" r_mode 4;vid_restart

3. execute the shortcut. delete the shortcut if et is running as usual.

• Like 1

does the console show any other messages /warnings?

cant even open game

try to do the following:

1. create a shortcut for your ET.exe (right click on ET.exe and create a shortcut),

2. right click on the shortcut, select Properties and add to the line C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\Et.exe (or similar) the text r_mode 4 and vid_restart. it have to look like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\ET.exe" r_mode 4;vid_restart

3. execute the shortcut. delete the shortcut if et is running as usual.

genius! thank you i can open game now, now i go to buy a pack of "corona extra" for you! hugs bro! thank you again!

• 1 year later...
  • Leader

Check the year of the last post (before your post) on this topic ;)

Posted here because it was refered to in another post on the same error statement and no, I didn't notice the date.

Appears this error because you're missing some driver on your pc.

I recommend to download "SlimDrivers" it detects the missing drivers, and downloads them autmaticamente.

And thats it you are ready to play :D

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Ok so for those mates who have been facing this error with opengl subsystem , sometimes this gets fixed when u update your graphic card and have a directx version which has inbuilt opengl subsystem , but sometimes it dont get fixed so here is an alternate method , you can install opengl.dll file from any online site itll be a dll file and paste it in your games main folder or else you can use 3dfx app which is available online and ones installed, helps you to run ET a little better 

Incase the above method dont work and you have RTCW (return to castle wolfenstein) installed and that is working fine then copy paste all files in your Et game folder to that RTCW folder . And if any query contact me , maybe i can help , you can send me msg on discord too 

3DFX link = https://www.driverscape.com/download/3dfx-voodoo3