Minecraft Server failure.

Kiirby

Can't we use something like AuthMe on server, so everyone that has a cracked version needs to do the /register password before being able to actually play?

I been on a server where before we could even move we had to type /register password, so that name faking or impersonating would be kind of impossible without

knowing the exact name/password for each player.

Lies i was/am there everyday and did not see you once

Basssshhhhhkaaaa, I was on lat night after the post and went on beginners server, i also played briefly on no marty. What up wit dat Gurl? lol

Basssshhhhhkaaaa, I was on lat night after the post and went on beginners server, i also played briefly on no marty. What up wit dat Gurl? lol

BOSSMAN THIS IS SECTION FOR MINECRAFT LOL :D

BOSSMAN THIS IS SECTION FOR MINECRAFT LOL :D

OMG! how did i get in the wrong convo lol. Sorry....Maybe i just wanted to dialog with u Baska.

Well, i just saw server failure so i weighed in on what my experience was without realizing this was about Minecraft.

Edited by Bosman

well. nothing i can do will fix the server. Kai will have to sort it out (if he wants to) I'm sorry about this guys. soon as i know anything i will let you know of course.

I have tried disabling all the plugins it still runs the CPU too high. i rolled back the CB version we use and that didnt even help. I remever user data from the trouble makers and that didnt stop it.

Why can't we just reset the server from scratch and just build everything up again? Yeah its a lot of work, but clearly its just to much of a hassle to try and work out the problem.

We should also do something like Scatman said. Possibly something that blocks all types of hacks.

Edited by Kiirby

I am working on a GUID system with Joske. however we have really no set time on when that will be finished. Once that is working and tested I will consider the possibility of going to offline. but until then We are staying online.

Would have to agree with Kai here. the game isnt that expensive, and totally worth it IMO. the possibility of us going back to offline mode is slim at best. Maybe on a map that we dont care about griefers, hackers, or anything like that but right now the map we have is working great, we have great plugins, and everyone is enjoying it. so we are sticking to it.

as for restarted the server from scratch. i tried that. i moved EVERY file except the craftbukkit.jar and we still were running High. It wasnt the plugins it was most likely some internal error that was fixed with a simple step.

a goofy step, but simple none the less. The server is running at peak performance now and we haven't had any issues since. The map we are using is still pretty new and i dont like the idea of starting a new one every month.

Specially since this one is survival and it takes time to gather what you need and it would tick many people off if that was just gone all the sudden when they were working on something.

I will and always will post when map changes are going into effect as well as the type of map and style it is going to be. And as always if you have input on possible plugins you wish to see. please link them in a post and i will get to them when i can.

Thanks

Doobie

• Like 1