Amazon to offer Prime customers hundreds of classic MGM movies and TV shows

Corey

Amazon Prime MGM Movies TV Shows

Amazon on Wednesday announced a new licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer that will see hundreds of classic movies and TV shows added to the company’s Prime Instant Video catalog. The service, which is available for $79 per year and offers customers free two-day shipping, is now home to more than 18,000 instantly streamed movies and TV episodes. “Our customers tell us they love having tons of movies and TV shows to choose from, which is why we are focused on adding even more titles to our already extensive Prime Instant Video library,” said Brad Beale, director of digital video content acquisition for Amazon. “MGM offers one of the most distinguished catalogs in all of Hollywood, and this deal will bring Prime Instant Video customers hundreds of new titles to enjoy on their Kindle Fire or any device compatible with Amazon Instant Video. Customers can enjoy favorites like The Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves, Rain Man and The Terminator, as well as fan-favorite TV series like Stargate.” Amazon’s press release follows below

Hundreds of Classic TV and Movie Titles from MGM Coming to Prime Instant Video

Prime Instant Video offers unforgettable films and TV episodes including Moonstruck, Rain Man, The Silence of the Lambs, Species, Stargate and many more

SEATTLE, Jun 13, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) Amazon.com, Inc. today announced a licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc., adding hundreds of classic movies and hit TV episodes throughout 2012 to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Prime Instant Video now features more than 18,000 movies and TV episodes to instantly stream and enjoy at no additional cost. To start watching Prime Instant Video now, visit www.amazon.com/PIV . Customers who are not Prime members can enjoy a free one month trial of Prime.

“Our customers tell us they love having tons of movies and TV shows to choose from, which is why we are focused on adding even more titles to our already extensive Prime Instant Video library,” said Brad Beale, director of digital video content acquisition for Amazon. “MGM offers one of the most distinguished catalogs in all of Hollywood, and this deal will bring Prime Instant Video customers hundreds of new titles to enjoy on their Kindle Fire or any device compatible with Amazon Instant Video. Customers can enjoy favorites like The Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves, Rain Man and The Terminator, as well as fan-favorite TV series like Stargate.”

Prime customers can access Prime Instant Video on Kindle Fire or any of the hundreds of compatible Amazon Instant Video devices, including the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gaming console. For a list of compatible Amazon Instant Video devices visit here.

lVEblwy88fU

View the full article

badass...Prime is an awesome deal, I buy a lot of crap off the amazon and 80 bucks a year covers all shipping AND tons of free movies/tv shows in hd. Working through Sons of Anarchy with my wife atm, but I'll have to check some of the new stuff out :D

Oh "Sons" as my GF and I refer to it is amazing. I'd like to see more streaming support for it. A PS3 app for example.

EDIT: Just looked and it appears they now offer this. :) Time to link to my moms current prime account :P

• Like 1