Netgear router settings help?

So I have been running a few WINMTR for daredevil and it seems like I am having a lot of packet loss on the IP's he sent me. He thinks it could be bad router settings which is possible cause I don't know what half the stuff does in there. I did try to set up a port triggering thing for my xbox and i opened the nat filtering and DMZ'ed it as well.

here are a few of the SS's of the winmtr. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to do a teamview session let me know.

222222yl.png

ffgsdfg.png

ddddqd.png

Edited by Corey

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                                BROWNCAT -    0 |   42 |   42 |    0 |    3 |   16 |    1 |
| cable-mac1.faptnyal-ar4003.nyroc.rr.com -   67 |   12 |    4 |   26 |   32 |   38 |   32 |
|Gig5-1.faptnyal-rtr002.wny.northeast.rr.com -   50 |   14 |    7 |   10 |   18 |   30 |   10 |
|  rdc-72-230-153-12.wny.northeast.rr.com -   80 |   10 |    2 |   29 |   29 |   30 |   29 |
| rdc-72-230-153-243.wny.northeast.rr.com -   67 |   12 |    4 |   21 |   33 |   45 |   21 |
|           ae-3-0.cr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com -   67 |   12 |    4 |   31 |   43 |   57 |   34 |
|                            66.109.6.189 -   67 |   12 |    4 |   39 |   49 |   63 |   41 |
|         gblx-twc.pr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com -   90 |   10 |    1 |   50 |   50 |   50 |   50 |
|atlantic-metro-com.tengigabitethernet6-3.ar8.nyc1.gblx.net -   80 |   10 |    2 |   56 |   57 |   58 |   56 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |    9 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                        reliablesite.net -   67 |   12 |    4 |   49 |   57 |   65 |   49 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
  WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Edited by Corey

So I have been running a few WINMTR for daredevil and it seems like I am having a lot of packet loss on the IP's he sent me. He thinks it could be bad router settings which is possible cause I don't know what half the stuff does in there. I did try to set up a port triggering thing for my xbox and i opened the nat filtering and DMZ'ed it as well.

here are a few of the SS's of the winmtr. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to do a teamview session let me know.

You have maybe to set your router.. Try here http://192.168.0.1/login.asp ,enter as username "admin" and as password "password"..

Or simply a reset.. For this, disconnect all cables from your router and let only the cable of power.. Stay pushed on the reset button during 10 sec.. Cut the power of your router.. And reconnect all.. Your router is back normaly to the settings by default..

Edited by Annibal

You DMZ'ed it?

You have 0% loss to your router and 100% to the hop after your router. Your ISP's router (the one after your Netgear) might simply not answer ICMP requests and the others might give ICMP requests low priority. But a loss of 60-80% on each router is odd.

I guess you have lag problems?

That loss is definitely odd. Like krauersaut said, the 100% on the second hop (or any other hop in the chain) is not uncommon. Your 60+% loss on most of the hops is not common. I think the best way to figure this out is to connect your computer directly to the cable or DSL modem. Make sure you have a firewall active on the computer before you do this. You will need to make sure it can get an IP address by DHCP or find out what you need to input manually under your TCP/IP settings (match whatever the router has for WAN IP information). You will need to power off the modem and your PC before you make the connections. Most modems make an association with the device they are connected to on boot up, and don't look at the device until the next boot up. If you can make the hops without any packet loss, then it is likely you have a bad router. You could try the suggestion of resetting the router to factory settings to see if it makes a difference, but you will need to type 192.168.1.1 into your browser to access it (192.168.0.1 is not your subnet according to your trace). You will lose any settings you have changed since you got the modem, so you may want to write them down. Do not just backup the config, since it is possibly causing your problem. You may want to make sure you have the most current firmware for the router too. Keep us up to date and let me know if you have any more questions or info.