Any Italians willing to share recipes?

beedub

Would any of our Italian forum members be willing to share some authentic Italian recipes? Anyone not directly from Italy, but with family from Italy, please feel free to participate. I like to cook a few different types of food, but Italian is one of my favorites.

• Like 2

i have a book for you to check out..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Silver-Spoon-New-Edition/dp/0714862568/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338693224&sr=8-1-spell

i took a cooking class italy, and this book came highly recommended.. it is the real deal authentic :)

*typing on an ipad is hard

• Like 2

the only thing i can do is cook pasta and order pizza :P

Ah, an accomplished chef.

Thanks uncasid for the link to the book. I will get it and try it.

Hey Beedub,

Post the pics. If I like what I see, will you send me the recipe? (Ohh I am a poet and didn't even know it.:P)

But seriously, update us.

Wait, I started this asking for recipes, now I am being asked to give them out. LOL I will do it though. I will order the book and check some out.

• Like 1

Try making the gnocci.. hahaha, very hard.. I am pretty sure there is a octopus bisque sauce for gnocci that is AWESOME!!

Yes, I am spamming my own post, but what the heck.

Never had anything with octopus, my sister-in-law is from Buenos Aires, Argentina, which apparently is mostly an Italian culture, and she makes a great gnnoci. I want to have her visit sometime and teach me how to make them. I ordered the book today so I should have it soon. I will let you all know what is awesome in there.

Thanks 8. If anyone follows the link the recipes are in the blog section.

OMG love octopus and that meal sounds amazing. Beedub you better have express shipped that book... my mouth is watering.

I did order it with 2nd day shipping and it showed up in 1 day. The book is freakin' huge; It is about 1500 pages with 4 or so recipes on each page. The book has entire sections (some smaller than others) on main ingredients (i.e. octopus, lobster, squip, carp, halibut, eggs, guinea fowl, turkey , chicken, sauces,marinades, butters, zucchini, lettuce,etc. Too many to list all of them,and I am still looking through it. I have some tri-tip that I need to cook tomorrow, so maybe this weekend I will make something from the book.

• Like 1

I did order it with 2nd day shipping and it showed up in 1 day. The book is freakin' huge; It is about 1500 pages with 4 or so recipes on each page. The book has entire sections (some smaller than others) on main ingredients (i.e. octopus, lobster, squip, carp, halibut, eggs, guinea fowl, turkey , chicken, sauces,marinades, butters, zucchini, lettuce,etc. Too many to list all of them,and I am still looking through it. I have some tri-tip that I need to cook tomorrow, so maybe this weekend I will make something from the book.

Ewwwww... tri tip! My word that is a lot of recipes... how much was the book?

• Like 1

Ewwwww... tri tip! My word that is a lot of recipes... how much was the book?

Midnight, is that Ewwwww as in yuck, or is it Ewwwww as in yum? The book is $27 and some change. The link in the post takes you to Amazon. It has over 2000 recipes (I forgot about full page pictures when I said 1500 pages) and has a lot of stuff you would not see in most recipe books.