graphics bricked?

Jefke

K just found the solution to my problem in the release notes of amd catalyst 12.4 :P

Apparantly my second screen could cause my system to get unstable and now I think of it, problem started when I installed my second screen.

Will download that driver asap and see if problem is fixed.

Nice, I swore I had updated to the latest version prior to posting here earlier, but it seems I was running the 12.03 version updated today to 12.04 and reading the release notes here http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion124ReleaseNotes.aspx which brings true to my suspicions that it was a Flash/Chrome issue causing my BSOD. I also do have dual monitors. Hopefully this is now resolved.

K going to run memtest anyway, my system is much more stable since driver update, but got 1 bsod stating 'paging error in non-paging area' and a game crashed because it ran out of memory (strange cause I got 16gig :P)

Unfortunately when I reached this point the computer needed to be retired...good luck!

driver fixed the problem, memory errors is apparantly a know problem with the game (mass of memory leaks :P)

Anyway pc isn't retiring, maybe parts replaced but retiring far from :P

For some reason I'm thinking it does. I haven't had to run it in awhile. *knock on wood* ;)

Tulsa, which memtest version are you referring to? Memtest86+ or Memtest? I tested both when I built my x79 desktop and one of them was at least 3x as fast. Forgot which one though :wacko:

driver fixed the problem, memory errors is apparantly a know problem with the game (mass of memory leaks :P)

Anyway pc isn't retiring, maybe parts replaced but retiring far from :P

Thats always good to hear...I really need to get new parts myself (aged rig)...not looking forward to that!