Chrome 18 is world’s most popular browser, Internet Explorer 9 leads in North America

Corey

top-browsers-worldwide.jpeg

Internet monitoring firm Pingdom on Monday released a new report on global Web browser share by browser version. The company found Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 9 to be the most popular browser in North America with a 21.2% share, and it was closely followed by Google Chrome 18 at 20.2%. Internet Explorer, however, featured a combined total of 40.4% of the North American browser market. Globally, Pingdom found that Chrome 18 is the most popular browser with a 25.6% share, leading Firefox 11 with 15.8% and Internet Explorer 9 and 8 with 15.7% and 14.6%, respectively. Microsoft’s browser has the largest worldwide market share when all versions are combined, followed by Chrome and then Firefox.

browser-usage-worldwide.jpeg
top-browsers-north-america.jpeg

Read

aaybfKOr6Zg

View the full article

I lol'd last night - saw an advert / commercial on TV for Internet Explorer 9 lmao! I can smell the desperation.

Chrome is a pile of junk though. Well no, it isn't, it's a lovely browser.. But the big G logging every single web address you enter? No thanks. I wont touch it. If they gave you the option, then I wouldn't care about it, I've nothing to hide, and I guess it serves some tracking purposes.. But the fact you have no say on the matter, is sly and dishonest.. Thus, I wont use it.

Firefox is way more expandable anyway. So many tools installed on mine that help me day to day. Not to mention IE and Chrome don't have an awesome F|A addon!