May 1 Call of Duty premiere points to Black Ops 2

DJ aka GDR DJ

Question

Activision has launched a countdown to the global reveal of the next Call of Duty – which rumours have pegged as Black Ops 2.

20120423codreveal.jpg

http://CallofDuty.com promises the new game will be shown off during the May 1 basketball playoffs on U.S. cable channel TNT.

The teaser site is dotted with "classified" logos, most of Which are scheduled to unlock over the next few days. One yielded an image, Which is below.

The image in the background of the site, thus viewable below, shows a fizzy silhouette in a similar pose to that used to promote 2010's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Which fits nicely with predictions that Treyarch's effort will be the new series complementing Modern Warfare annual releases.

The site's source code then makes reference of "Black Ops," as spotted by GAF.

Most tellingly, the timing of the reveal ties in almost perfectly with a promotional image spotted last week, promising a "return".

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare outsold 2009's Modern Warfare 2, and analysts believe it has out-performed Modern Warfare 3 so far.

source

5 answers to this question

darn, another one..

why they keep on making new games when cod4 is the best they could make regarding gameplay

darn, another one..

why they keep on making new games when cod4 is the best they could make regarding gameplay

I would disagree with that. MW3 is a lot more fun. IMO

I liked the multiplayer aspect of MW2 with the exception of the lack of servers and the epic fail that is VAC. I agree with Warning that fundamentally COD 4 is the best FPS of the series and the SP campaign was much more realistic. Activision needs to deal with the fact BF3 is a much better game and visually superior in every way. The now famous Frostbite 2 engine will now also be featured in the new MOH - Warfighter (which will be my under the radar surprise game upon release) and of course whatever new BF game appears. COD needs a major graphical overhaul and after the end of MW3 where does IW go from there?

I believe Black Ops was a much better game than MW2 with the more realistic weapon characteristics, map designs, and sharper graphic images. Poor coding regarding CPU usage and the infamous lag that plagued WAW doomed what could have been the best COD offering since COD 4. This is clearly a major chance for Treyarch to surpass the talent depleted IW with another strong game that hopefully fixes those issues and improves upon the success of Black Ops. I do know they are carrying over the killstreaks featured in MW3 like support streaks, and other non-consecutive killstreaks that support team play. I think this cheapens the skills necessary to accumulate those streaks but does make the game more favorable to the newbies of the series (but seriously, who is not familiar with this franchise that plays FPS?).

Sorry for the rant ;p

Mako

I liked Blops more than mw2. I like mw3. Woohoo! a new game :) I hope they bring back the weapon of the gods (Chopper gunner) :D I do like in MW3 how kill streak perk kills add into your kill streak and once you get your last kill streak perk it keeps cycling through your perks as you get more and more kills. Hopefully they retain this.

Looks like the release date will be annouced May 1st. Rumors suggest it may have Eclipse in its name and be released November 13.

Edited by TulsaGeoff
  • Like 1