Minecraft Survival Mode On Minecraft?

Doobie

I was just wondering how some of you would feel about having survival mode turned on with minecraft. Basicly we would have mobs. we would have to start from scratch. New map and all.

Group commands would be changed and gamemode will not be available.

Reason for this is Some that I have been talking to have been getting bored myself included with just being able to have everything in your inventory.

I know that a few of you are up for this and I am also hoping that having it set to survival will increase population as well

Also I will be adding Special commands to People who donate to the server/forum. I am still working on getting these plugins once I sort them out I will let you know.

Also I will be printing a list of commands that each group has. I just haven't really had the time to sit down and knock that out but that will most likely be done over the weekend.

The map that we have loaded Right now will stay on the server for if we ever want to go back to it. I am just trying to figure a way for it to be more exciting and challenging to play.

Another Option would be to just start a new fresh map, and keep the creative mode as is. or of course just keep things as they are.. This server is after all for everyone and i am trying to get a grasp on what you all want from the server.

If it is possible i can also try and set up a second server. One survival and the other creative (again using the current map or a new one) but that would take some more time. for now I would like to stick with the server we have right now.

Post your thoughts here

Thanks,

Doobie

Edited by Doobie

I would like to see survival mode, except...

I don't like the eating stuff, prefered survival before eating was added (well don't think they called it survival but meh XD)

But yeah I'm bit bored too @ the moment

The map won't grow as big as now

Edited by DrJoske

I might like the survival mode more.. I played that mode with a few RL friends for 2 weeks long or something.. it was more addicting than just building stuff.

But if you make it survival mode... is it possible we could have special Minecraft events like once a week where we could only build stuff? We could build something big during that event then :]

Again anything is possible with this. If we do survival we arent loosing the map we have now we are just creating another. So everything that is on the map we are using right now will remain on the server. Im just trying to make it more enjoyable to others.

I have found a couple promising plugins that will eliminate the hunger so if you dont want that we can give them a shot.

Again anything is possible with this. If we do survival we arent loosing the map we have now we are just creating another. So everything that is on the map we are using right now will remain on the server. Im just trying to make it more enjoyable to others.

Ah, then definitely create survival too, would make it more enjoyable!

Hey Doobie, you should def change the server to survival. And have like a specific kind of survival. Something creative and original will make players want to play on the server and make F|A grow bigger. I have seen like a drug server. It was creative, anything that you grew you could sell. And there were "growers" default. and "S.W.A.T.". Growers would grow the drugs and sell in the black market. The swat would try to find the growers growing drugs and stop them. I thought it was a really good idea. Maybe we could talk about it more on vent because I really like the idea of it being survival.

yeah,,,, I am not going to be turning the server into a drug dealing server. Although i can see how something LIKE that would be appealing. It can't have anything to do with drugs. I refuse to allow that.

I will look into a way to get some fun mods onto the server. For now it will be staying on creative and mobs wont be allowed to spawn since some on the server find them annoying.

I will also talk about MAYBE getting another server running to allow survival since we are about even split and I wont see how people like it until then. It is either that, or we allow survival mode on the server we are running right now for like 2 weeks and see how it works.

Me personally. I love to create stuff, but i would also love to create it on survival. I think that would be a blast.

plus it would get us working together as a group a little more. and for those that aren't used to survival yet dont worry. We can still change time and send you items that you need while you are getting used to it.

We aren't going to just leave you hanging.

I will let everyone know when and if I decide to switch over the server for a test run on survival. Depending on how that test run goes will pretty much decide what mode we stick to for awhile.

Continue to post your thoughts and Ideas, but just remember. This IS a F|A server and we do have CoD and policies to follow.

Thanks,

Doobie

Edited by Doobie

well again. with a project map. Ideas have been put forward but nothing solid has been decided. with the et/cod4 maps idea. I like it. but at the same time you need to have access to those maps in order to actually help in the project. so that limits players right there. I have issues getting ET to work on my computer. for some reason it will crash after playing for about 2 minutes. always has. If we are to do a project map we need to figure out something that everyone can get into as well as have access to. and hopefully it is something that will keep people on.

right now im sensing that the issue is that people are getting bored with creative mode. so i figured having it on survival while we are figuring out the project build will offer some a nice break from that. as well as help with us working together on survival and getting to know one another so that when we start a project we will have a better idea of who can do what rather than just jumping into it and hoping for the best.

that is just my thoughts on it.

Whatever mode it runs, we will have to agree on a single server. Starting a second server will split the players and the servers will both be hardly populated. A second server might be an option with a constant amount of at least 20 players but not now.

well again. with a project map. Ideas have been put forward but nothing solid has been decided. with the et/cod4 maps idea. I like it. but at the same time you need to have access to those maps in order to actually help in the project. so that limits players right there. I have issues getting ET to work on my computer. for some reason it will crash after playing for about 2 minutes. always has. If we are to do a project map we need to figure out something that everyone can get into as well as have access to. and hopefully it is something that will keep people on.

right now im sensing that the issue is that people are getting bored with creative mode. so i figured having it on survival while we are figuring out the project build will offer some a nice break from that. as well as help with us working together on survival and getting to know one another so that when we start a project we will have a better idea of who can do what rather than just jumping into it and hoping for the best.

that is just my thoughts on it.

What about the palm island project? I liked that idea by Joske