Turn on Friendly Fire on Hardcore Server

Sensa

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should we turn on friendly fire on the hardcore server?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrators

No also newbies play their. This is public server. Their must be some reason why 95% public server don't run FF on.

In short NO.

Who says we want to play with newbs? Your skill only reaches a level to which you are able to compare to your competition. Personally, I would prefer to play against higher level opponents. Also, we kept our servers 1.6 because it was in the lower percentage where we could be more popular? Who is to say that the same won't happen if we were to switch ff on?

• Administrators

Who says we want to play with newbs? Your skill only reaches a level to which you are able to compare to your competition. Personally, I would prefer to play against higher level opponents. Also, we kept our servers 1.6 because it was in the lower percentage where we could be more popular? Who is to say that the same won't happen if we were to switch ff on?

As I said hardcore remains with FF off server. We kept our server 1.6 cos when we started COD 4 server 1.7 was just released. And their is no new maps on 1.7 or any major bug fixes. If their will be new patch with new maps I will instantly move to new patch.

And no I don't like when so called "skill players" b*** on new players when they do team kill by mistake. Everyone starts somewhere and each player should have chance to learn. Also, we run public server for everyone and just not to "satisfy" so called skilled players.

=F|A= runs server for everyone i.e. new players/skill. We also added new scrim server just for skilled players.

I would like to say I am new to COD4 so maybe there is something that I am missing. There are 4 setting for friendly fire: Enabled / Shared / Reflect / Disabled. I understand what Enabled and Disabled means. Could someone define what shared and reflect is? In all the games in the past I have played I have played on both FF enabled and disabled servers with FF enabled there are fewer grenades and random deaths. This is due to people losing points for killing team mates and the delay in spawning. With FF disabled there are many more grenades thrown and many more random kills. I don't know all the options that the server can do to keep the rank aspect of it. Can FF be turned but not have air strikes do FF? These are just some of the questions I have. Also with FF on camping becomes harder do to the person camping can't just shoot anyone that runs by they have to first think about who they are shooting so the other player has more time to kill the campers.

P.S. Keep in mind that this is my opinion and is not proven scientifically.

im kindof torn on this one guys. I agree that friendly fire will definatey make the game 100% more hardcore but as with all friendly fire servers we would need an admin present at all times to watch for team killers. Or if there was some way to make ther server "auto boot" a player for team killing. granted one or two kills would be allowed for those who dont read the server info or just simply cant read english, but someone running around with a 15 kill streak of their own team wold get perma-banned. some may not agree with me there but personally ive noticed that players who pull that kinda of nonsense know what they are doing reguardless and should be permabanned so they cant do it anymore.

As I said hardcore remains with FF off server. We kept our server 1.6 cos when we started COD 4 server 1.7 was just released. And their is no new maps on 1.7 or any major bug fixes. If their will be new patch with new maps I will instantly move to new patch.

And no I don't like when so called "skill players" b*** on new players when they do team kill by mistake. Everyone starts somewhere and each player should have chance to learn. Also, we run public server for everyone and just not to "satisfy" so called skilled players.

=F|A= runs server for everyone i.e. new players/skill. We also added new scrim server just for skilled players.

Shared friendly fire means the damage is shared between you and who you hit. i cant remember if its a shard damage meaning a kill shot (100% damage) would be shared between the two as 50% and 50%, or if both of you take 100% and die.

Reflected is just that, if you hit a team member YOU take all damage and they take nothing.