Cycling: right handlebars?

kentikins

Hi, I got a fixie bike. Its all grey and black.

Its got straight handle bars and I want to change them so I got more different hand positions

I'm debating between drop handlebars and bullhorn handlebars.

What y'all think I should do?

Thanks for the help,

Kentikins

depends how you ride...i mean i used to ride. if you want to put more power into it, bull it better imo. So for hill climbin id used that. the drop is better for straight sprints...again this is all just my opinion. But it mainly depnds on which one you feel most comfortable with and how you place your hands. Either one helps you have better control when you put more power into the wheels.

EDIT:

beat you panini lol. good idea bout the bike shope but idk i honestly dont trust those guys...they tried to sell me the most expensive tires one time...

Depends what sort of riding you're doing I guess. I have a racer and also a bike that I use for commuting so both have different handlebars. I prefer the dropdown handle bars but can't be bothered installing them on the commuting bike.

Best thing to do is to go to your local bike shop and inquire there about which ones would be the best option for you :) They might show you the types and see if you like the feel of them or whatever..

they tried to sell me the most expensive tires one time...

Thanks, Yeah don't really like going to the bike shop, they just make me change everything on my bike for the most expensive stuff.

I used to have a specialized road bike with drop handle bars but I haven't tried bulls.

I basically need more hand positions for up hill, I ride 10 miles every weekday and got some big inclines and i though new handlebars might make it easier, specially as I'm on a fixie.

I might have to try both types of handlebars on the bike then

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me on this, you want drop bars. Drop bars =aero = win. I ride around 80 miles a day and competitively. Fixies are great for training and cyclocross, if you want to do some serious distances and not break the bank, I'd go for something like the specialized allez twin.

Trust me on this, you want drop bars. Drop bars =aero = win. I ride around 80 miles a day and competitively. Fixies are great for training and cyclocross, if you want to do some serious distances and not break the bank, I'd go for something like the specialized allez twin.

yeah I got some drop handle bars for my fixie. I also got the fizik microtex tape and it feels so good.

The drop allows a smaller silhouette making me more aerodynamic.

I'm also getting some michelin Pro race 3 tyres for it now.

• 2 weeks later...