ET Server W:ET Admin Guide - When and how to use admin.

daredevil

• Administrators

1. Team stacking / shuffle

- Clan/Trial/New members should be first to move for fixing team.

- We have 35 sec intermission. Let people see their stats. Don't shuffle during intermission. Shuffle before warm ends. i.e. after 20 sec and before 25 sec. I normally prefer 20 sec since all have loaded maps.

- Tell others to balance the team if any clan is stacking team. If teams are 16 - 12 ask in general chat for balance like 3-4 times. Some good people will always move.

Only shuffle if no one moves after 4 mins. You can shuffle at mid game if teams are 19-12 and no one is moving. If they go back to same team to stack again after shuffle. !put name b/r saying "Stop f***ing up the shuffle."

- If teams are 11- 13 then it's fine. You can't have always 12 vs 12 or same ratio. But if its 11-13 and one team is getting raped try to help them by moving yourself. Only players with balls will enjoy to rape rapers, rather then raping newbies.

- Don't shuffle when their are only 5 mins remaining in the map. Do it when map ends.

- You can rate on splatterladder and we respect your fun but not at the cost of stacking teams. We will admin abuse the shit out of you if you keep stacking teams just to increase your rate on SL. (splatterladder).

2. Bitching.

- Once in a while general bitching is allowed. We are easy and fun gamers. Most players go emo when they die. So a general bitching here and their is allowed.

- Continous bitching = not allowed. Use !mute.

- Always cry for panzer each 3 mins = Tell him to stfu panzer is part of game. If you can't take panzer don't go emo and cry.

- Saying f***ing jews, niggers, etc. once a map or sometimes people speak it. = Allowed.

- Bashing on any player continuously you suck, you f***ing noob, you f***ing jew, etc. = Not allowed. !mute those players.

- Spamming/Bitching in PM is not allowed. Someone says he is getting PM spammed tell him to get SS and post it on forums or send it by xfire.

Mute time is for 10 mins. If you think that he should be ok unmute him fast. On ETPUB you can do !mute based on time. See admin commands and usage links.

3. Team killing.

@Jaymod You can slap or use disorient for team killers. Do it once or thrice. Don't be lame ass admin and do !slap like 5 times. Try to get his attention and tell him not to do it. If he continuous use !kick and end the story.

@ETPUB Use !warn command on Etpub with some good reasons. Not just some lame ass reasons. Use tk, bitching, etc reasons. Don't warn someone with reason like this "i said dont" because it doesn't make sense to another admin.

4. Ping

1. Modem rate = tell them or PM spam to change their rate. Use our advanced menu options by pressing v 0.

2. Stable 450 ping doesn't hurt server. Ping going from 70 to 450 sure does.

3. Sometimes its language problem. Use other language or ask for help in other language.

4. Use !put to move high pingers (more then 500) to spec.

5. Ping would be issue only on 50 and 64 slot server. For 20 and 24 slot it wouldn't matter much.

6. Continuous 600 ping boot him off. Make sure u tell him in general to fix his ping and give him some time (at least 10-15 mins) to fix his ping. Tell him to stop downloading. Try to help player rather then to kick him. Tell them to type rate 32000 and cg_autorate 1 in console.

5. AFK

1. If you see anyone AFK for more then 4-6 spawn cycles move him to spec. Let him be in spec.

2. If server is not full then let him be in spec.

3. If server full and in spec allow him to stay for 1 hour. If they are more then 1 hour and server is FULL boot them off.

6. !listcmds commands

- Don't abuse it.

7. General commands of mode.

- !kick !mute !put. Always use them in general chat with reason. If we ever found you abusing with required proof from other players you will be demoted.

If you are going to mute someone tell him man take it easy or we will mute you. Its just fun game so stop bitching all time. So he knows where to stfu. Still he does go for mute.

!mute whinners

!warn team killers

!kick high 550+ pingers. - Give them room to fix his ping or help him first. !kick them is our last option.

8. Player names:

Example:

- "f*** you my hax is better" = Allowed. Not going to harm anyone.

- "f*** F|A" = Not allowed.

- "daredevil" Allowed. I don't have copyright for my name. =F|A= Daredevil not allowed. Their is one guy playing with name joedirt white letters. I always allow him. Why? It's not reason to fight over just one name. Always do !list to see admin levels. Thats it.

- "unnamedplayer", "Etplayer", "Newplayer" - rename them using !rename to player3, player4, etc.

9. XP Whoring

- It's allowed. Make sure you are not blocking the way of your team.

- Exception. If you will go in one corner with flamer and ammo to increase your SL rating you will be banned. Be a man and play fair to get your rating. I personally don't care for rating but I have seen many young kids take SL as their only motive to play ET.

10. Suggestion

- Don't argue in game. We can always change rule if your rule is better and much more helpful. Use our suggestion section. Members can use private forums.

11. Higher level admins.

- If they say something listen to them. Don't be arrogant noob oh f*** he is telling me, zomfg he is commanding me. This is game. If someone says to you something sky is not falling down.

- If you feel higher level is doing wrong take SS and post it and we can always ask whats up.

- If they are on then it doesn't mean you leave everything on them. If u see something wrong handle it by yourself. Because sometimes i am on and i am AFK and same goes for all. If u see anything wrong try to fix it. If u are fixing in wrong way u will get PM by higher level admin so u know how to do it next time.

12. Language

- 5-10 seconds of conversations of say Hi, Hello, Bye, How are you? etc is fine. If they start talking in there language on server, my eyes starts bleeding.

- If they start talking in there language for more then few sentences, tell them English only please. If some admin is helping some new player in there native language it is fine.

Shortcuts: FT = Fireteam chat. AFK = Away from keyboard. SF = Server full.

Here all are same. Level 0 to Level 14. Admin levels are shit. Don't go after it. Just have fun!

- CaldasGSM

Don't undermine others power

If you see someone taking an action you don't agree (ex: muting someone).. don't ever, ever undo what he as done.. if you don't agree explain

him why.. and ask him to undo.. if he still choses not to undo.. them take other procedure (ex:forums) but don't disrespect his decision..

(an exception is a higher rank undoing a newb's admin mistake )

the authority of one is the authority of all, and must be respected

Don't show weaknesses

Not everything smells like roses all the time, specially if you are talking about human relations.. but still if things aren't well between admins

there is no reason, for other people to know.. specially because, if ppl see two admins bitching at each other.. they will feel they can do the same..

so.. bitchin and/or problem solving is always done is closed quarters.. never let the public know what happens behind the curtains

Personal problems are never dealt while in mission.

Always be on your best

Everybody as a bad day, and sometimes we just want to take our frustrations on the game.. and act like jerks.. maybe stupid but feels god..

but that should not ever, be in front of the ones you are responsible for (players in server).. so in those cases take of your tags, and go trash

someone else's server.. because when you are in your server.. you are with a mission

Everybody as the right to be a jackass, but don't expect others to put up with you

Luxury should not be standard

There are many admin levels and powers, but, to keep the server "clean" you need only a hand full, others should be seen as privileges..

given as reward for responsibility.. so they should be used responsibly... don't wave them around like a kid showing your new toy (I'm talking to you slappers )

that WILL give ppl the notion of abuse, and instead of respect you will only gain hate..

The best way to do something is to make it look like you've done nothing.

Jaymod Commands

ETPUB Commands

Easy guide to follow? Any questions, suggestions, etc. feel free to post in suggestion section.

Enjoy the game!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...