Good PC Accessories

=FlA=Duk

Ok, so with my new PC, I got a mouse and keyboard with them, but they are pretty crappy and hard to play games with. Also, I would like a good set of speakers for it too. Anyone have any good suggestions for mice, keyboards, or speakers?

Thanks

G500 Mouse. On keyboard you can go with a mechanical (clicky type) or a regular rubber membrane type. Speakers do you want surround sound or just 2 speakers + a sub?

I would get a big mouse bad too. I have a steelseries QcK thick pad and its awesome and huge.

Ok, I think the G500 Is a bit expensive. I think for mice, I am trying to decide between this (G300) and this (G400). Price range for the mice is probably around50-70, I'm not really sure. For keyboards, I'm not really sure. I know I don't want bulky keys, but I don't know many good ones. The price range for the keyboard is probably 60$ and less, if it goes above that range, it will probably have to be pretty good. Also, could you explain what you mean by the "clicky type", and the regular rubber membrane type. I think I want something like this, but a bit better (keyboard). As for speakers, I feel like something like these would be good. Price range for speakers is prolly the same... like $60. I don't know many brands, so I only have logitech stuff linked, so feel free to suggest any brands that you like.

EDIT: Oh yea, I also want a webcam... i don't really care how good it is, as long as I can speak to my friends, and they can see me pretty clearly

For keyboards, I'm not really sure. I know I don't want bulky keys, but I don't know many good ones. The price range for the keyboard is probably 60$ and less, if it goes above that range, it will probably have to be pretty good. Also, could you explain what you mean by the "clicky type", and the regular rubber membrane type.

By "clicky type", /or MECHANICAL as TulsaGeoff stated, he means it has more like an old fashioned TYPEWRITER feel to it ...

this is about THE BEST Guide you'll find about them = http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

they tend to be more expensive but very much worth it as they will last longer and perform better.

IMO, you shouldnt get speakers, but get a headset. If you want a really nice headset w/ a mic, get Turtle Beaches off Amazon. I have one. pretty nice. When you turn on the mic, with the mic near your face, I call it "pilot mode" because it sounds so cool and sounds like you're in a jet XD

I agree with the headset, but its also nice to get some speakers too. Just order some cheap speakers from amazon. If you are going to be gaming, headphones are a much better idea.

I totally agree. I spent $80 on 2.1 logitech speakers awhile back and while they sound pretty good, Most often I find myself using my headset most. If you like to game I would honeslty recommend staying away from anything wireless. There are some mice on the market that are directed at wireless game playing, and while I prefer wireless I find it always tends to lag. The difference is almost inperceptable except for when your in game..then it's pretty noticeable.

I have a MX518, which looks like the M400 is the replacement for. I like it, feels pretty good and it's accurate. The G300 looks like it might be a good buy as well. Personally I would go down to your local box store and try a few different mice. You'll find some designs feel quite a bit better in your hands than others. I'm using a Xtrac Ripper XL mousepad, which I really dig. It's the old neoprene style though so after 6 months of solid use you'll likely see the edges start to roll up where your arm/wrist bumps against it. A good mousepad is a must have though. Steeleseries, Razer and Logitech are the main companies I'd be looking at in terms of reliability and performance.