RtCW Map Conversions

IAmAChristian

Hey all,

I have a special place in my heart for RtCW. I know ET isn't the same (as far as shooting and feel), but I do like some of the upgrades ET has (moving vehicles, etc.)

There's a mod out there that has the Venom gun from RtCW. Some of the maps have been converted.

But, what about the other maps we're missing?

Assault (there's a map based on it but not exactly like it; well, I think there may be one that is, though?)

Village

Sub

Chateau

Tram (meh)

The Dam

etc.

Thoughts?

Hey all,

I have a special place in my heart for RtCW. I know ET isn't the same (as far as shooting and feel), but I do like some of the upgrades ET has (moving vehicles, etc.)

There's a mod out there that has the Venom gun from RtCW. Some of the maps have been converted.

But, what about the other maps we're missing?

Assault (there's a map based on it but not exactly like it; well, I think there may be one that is, though?)

Village

Sub

Chateau

Tram (meh)

The Dam

etc.

Thoughts?

There is an exact mp_Assault conversion, but it's about 40/+ mb (or something insane like that). Village and sub have conversions too, as does Tram. I"]http://et.splatterla...info&idx=7072]I guess[/url] there's a Chateau conversion too, but I've only played it in RtCW. Don't know of any ET versions of Dam though.

<3 RtCW, prefer it to ET, but alas its days have come and gone.

Edited by Brisk
  • Like 1

If only Activision would re-release RtCW and maybe spruce up graphics to draw in some of the newer players who only play games like Cod and BF for the graphics..

I've heard about doing this, but someone has said it wouldn't help.

I don't mind the graphics now and I'd still like a remake!

But why doesn't anyone play these conversions? You see beach, ice, somewhat... But not the others!

Edited by IAmAChristian

But why doesn't anyone play these conversions? You see beach, ice, somewhat... But not the others!

The speed of the games has changed. ET comp scene likes the few maps it plays because they are very well known by now and are pretty quick to complete. Ice and beach can be finished really quickly. The other maps are much bigger and just not worth playing if you need to spend 20 mins or more for one round. As for playing them on pubs, I don't know why people don't play them.

The speed of the games has changed. ET comp scene likes the few maps it plays because they are very well known by now and are pretty quick to complete. Ice and beach can be finished really quickly. The other maps are much bigger and just not worth playing if you need to spend 20 mins or more for one round. As for playing them on pubs, I don't know why people don't play them.

Most of the RtCW maps are quicker, though of course none have vehicles to guide.

Base, I forgot about that one.

These maps are pretty close to the original, but of course with added command posts. I guess that's okay. We already have ET play with them, like mines for instance.