Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note will be updated to Android 4.0 in Q1

Corey

BGR-T-Mobile-Galaxy-S-II-top-wm.jpg

Samsung’s popular Galaxy S II smartphone and its supersized Galaxy Note handset are both scheduled to get official Android 4.0 updates in the first quarter of 2012. Samsung on Tuesday announced that the pair of smartphones would be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich within the next three months, and it listed a number of other devices that will be updated at some point thereafter. Android 4.0 upgradable devices include the Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II LTE, Galaxy Note, Galaxy R, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. The South Korea-based vendor said it will announce Ice Cream Sandwich update details for those devices as it works out the particulars with various carrier partners.

Read

n7iTeud276I

View the full article

good news to me!! just got my samsung galaxy s2. i heard a lot of good stuff about the upcoming ICS. i heard with ICS, samsung galaxy s2 can now compete with iphone 4s.

Id say it beat the 4s right off the shelf.