Currently reading Steve jobs - Autobiography by Walter Isaacson

T Sizzle

Yeah, i finished it about 2 weeks ago. Its a pretty great book. Yeah, i found it interesting that he said lsd and drugs were more helpful to him than college

Yeah, i finished it about 2 weeks ago. Its a pretty great book. Yeah, i found it interesting that he said lsd and drugs were more helpful to him than college

do you usually read autobiographies or books about business? i'm asking cuz how well do you think it was written since he died before the book release? thnx.

do you usually read autobiographies or books about business? i'm asking cuz how well do you think it was written since he died before the book release? thnx.

I rarely read biographies or business books; I read mostly fiction and science literature, but because Jobs is a personal hero to me, I'm a bit biased. In terms of business I don't think the Jobs story can apply to anyone else, because it seems to me that he lucked out, being in the right situation at the right time. As far as pure writing goes, it's really not that great in terms of creativity and wording, but its hard to get that in a biography.

I rarely read biographies or business books; I read mostly fiction and science literature, but because Jobs is a personal hero to me, I'm a bit biased. In terms of business I don't think the Jobs story can apply to anyone else, because it seems to me that he lucked out, being in the right situation at the right time. As far as pure writing goes, it's really not that great in terms of creativity and wording, but its hard to get that in a biography.

that's what i thought too about the generic story-boarding of the chapters. the book keeps you interested in the next chapter i have to admit. it could just be cuz of Jobs. did he come off as a cheap - skate to you or just a better businessman than Wozniak?

• 3 weeks later...

yeah I read it... I read it in 2 days (lol) , I just thought the book was a great inspiration to me, and how he started from little things and make truly amazing company

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not quite.... Jobs commissioned the book and chose the author, but wasn't involved in the writing beyond giving Isaacson unprecedented access.

good write up of a great story. Worth a read even for those who go out of their way to hate on what he accomplished.

• 1 month later...